• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aloha ʻino Mesa! Shame On You!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know your mad that Mesa is coming to Hawaii, but come on. Your acting like a 2 yr old. -Bean[/quote]

I think he is annoyed with Mesa coming to Hawaii for the same reason I am. Mesa is being purely predatory and not doing anything that is good for the State of Hawaii. If they were needed, fine, but they are not. Inter-island is a shrinking market and Mesa is trying to bully their way in at the expense of AQ and HAL by providing an inferior product and hoping AQ disappears. In addition, they are proposing to fly inter-island as a non union operation. They are sticking it to their own employees. Which means no jumpseats available for it's pilots between Hawaii and the mainland.

islandhopper said:
And how much will mesa pay for this "service"? Maybe you guys can help lose a few bags in the process and get them sent them off to Chuuk on Air Mike.

:pimp:
They're also trying to contract service UAL's maintenance in LIH. Looks like they're not planning on having any of their own employees.....

RJP said:
They're also trying to contract service UAL's maintenance in LIH. Looks like they're not planning on having any of their own employees.....

dont blame them.. those damn employees cost money. if there was only a way we could get rid of the employee......

hey. saw you guys have a paint-less plane on the ramp there..whats the deal with that?

dash8driver said:
hey. saw you guys have a paint-less plane on the ramp there..whats the deal with that?
542BB. It's the second coming (so to speak) of 542BC that was one of the three -200s here last year. If you look closely, you can see the new Island Air logo on the front of the fuselage. It actually looks pretty good. Word is that it's a loaner until the 400s arrive. IF they arrive....

RJP said:
542BB. It's the second coming (so to speak) of 542BC that was one of the three -200s here last year. If you look closely, you can see the new Island Air logo on the front of the fuselage. It actually looks pretty good. Word is that it's a loaner until the 400s arrive. IF they arrive....

is 400' @ 150kts while its parked at your hangar close enuff? maybe not cuz i wasnt able to see any logos.. it looked all white, but i only saw the left and top of the plane. i'll try to get closer next time.. ;)

dash8driver said:
is 400' @ 150kts while its parked at your hangar close enuff? maybe not cuz i wasnt able to see any logos.. it looked all white, but i only saw the left and top of the plane. i'll try to get closer next time.. ;).
If you turn out at 50' you might see the logo. Otherwise, probably not. Supposedly, it's been deemed to be too small already. Prepare for a BOLDER logo in the future.

Just make sure to let out a "YeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAW!" on Tower freq as you accelerate through 250 at a level 150'. :)

So they just changed the registration from BC to BB? Hell, if they're going to do that why not stick a WP on it?

RJP said:
If you turn out at 50' you might see the logo. Otherwise, probably not. Supposedly, it's been deemed to be too small already. Prepare for a BOLDER logo in the future.

ok.. i'll try that next time.

Der Kommissar said:
Just make sure to let out a "YeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAW!" on Tower freq as you accelerate through 250 at a level 150'. :)

do you know someone in the tower or something? how did they know that was me? ;)

Der Kommissar said:
So they just changed the registration from BC to BB? Hell, if they're going to do that why not stick a WP on it?

yes.. BB for Bobby [SIZE=-1]Boucher or [/SIZE]BuBBa, EF for Elmer Fudd was already taken. its going to be his personal plane. its going to be sterilized and it will come with a alcohol wipe dispenser and an automatic road counter for those MKK approaches.

oh yea..and they modified the seat belts so they wrap around just under your armpits.

Automatic road counter... hahahaha... man you're killin me. "That's...that's some mighty fine tastin H2O right there."

RJP said:

I saw it... The tail is still blank. Now can we please get back to bashing Mesa?

Latest resources

Back