• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALL Flying will performed by AA pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wrong. You weren't there so whoever is feeding you that and the part about Comair and ASA MECs demanding DOH is either a liar or passing on a lie.

People that I trust were there, and all are in agreement about what happened. Were you there?

Yes, I was.

Guess that means somebody is lying, then. And since the guys that disagree with you are the ones that didn't try to sue their union and go for a seniority grab, I think they have a lot more credibility.

Wow, fantastic, we've rehased a few years of ASA/Comair/Delta MEC relations. We've accomplished a lot. Good job!

Moron(s).

Are there any logical reasons why one list, perhaps with fences, would be a bad idea for pilots?

How much will it cost? Who cares? Is there anyone who doesn't think that this is the best possible time to ask for and get changes?

Are there any logical reasons why one list, perhaps with fences, would be a bad idea for pilots?

How much will it cost? Who cares? Is there anyone who doesn't think that this is the best possible time to ask for and get changes?

I think you'll find that a lot of the senior Captains at your airline will raise a big fuss about being stapled to the bottom of the mainline list. As much as some RJDC supporters like to deny it, there are plenty of 20+ year regional guys that think they're owed a widebody left seat if an integration takes place.

I think you'll find that a lot of the senior Captains at your airline will raise a big fuss about being stapled to the bottom of the mainline list....there are plenty of 20+ year regional guys that think they're owed a widebody left seat if an integration takes place.

So after you say it should be done no matter what the cost, you suggest it shouldn't be done because there are 20+ year Captains at Eagle who may feel DOH with fences is appropriate?

You're saying that single list merger negotiations at AA are impossible because some Eagle pilots will think a staple is unsatisfactory?

Last edited:
So after you say it should be done no matter what the cost, you suggest it shouldn't be done because there are 20+ year Captains at Eagle who may feel DOH with fences is appropriate?

You're saying that single list merger negotiations at AA are impossible because some Eagle pilots will think a staple is unsatisfactory?

I was merely answering the man's question about who would be opposed to such an idea. I'm not saying that it shouldn't be done because of that. To the contrary, I think it should be done, and I don't think there would be any problem in getting the majority of the EGL pilots to approve such a measure. We'll just have to listen to a bunch of cranky old EGL geezers whine for the next decade about being stapled to the bottom of the AMR list.

I think you'll find that a lot of the senior Captains at your airline will raise a big fuss about being stapled to the bottom of the mainline list. As much as some RJDC supporters like to deny it, there are plenty of 20+ year regional guys that think they're owed a widebody left seat if an integration takes place.

I'm at the bottom of a list that would be stapled to the bottom of another list. Thus, it's not too palatable for me in the short run. However, in the long run, this idea, of one list for one pilot group, would be tremendously beneficial to every professional pilot.

If a few 20+ year oldsters get their feathers ruffled, so be it. TFB. (As was pointed out to me very recently with regards to bonus distrubution monies, what's just is in the eye of the majority vote holder.) There's no way that senior folks at AA, or Delta, United, or NWA, for that matter, would allow an old regional guy to skip in line up to a wide-body. Therefore, the oldster's issue is a non-starter and shouldn't even be part of the discussion.

For the sake of the entire profession, I hope that this idea gains traction. Unfortunatetly, it will have to be an all or nothing endeavor. There's no way AA can compete with a single seniority list while all the other majors enjoy lower cost flying through their multiple regional carriers.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back