ALL Flying will performed by AA pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Amen to that.

I, for one, very much like the idea of potentially being able to start right seat in an RJ and have the potential to wind up left seat in a 777 many years down the road. I suspect many, many folks have the same preference.

The way the regionals are set up right now, this isn't necessarily the case.

Hi!

And the old guys who are stapled will get to fly (at least) 5 more years which will help them with their retirement situation.

cliff
GRB

Hi!

And the old guys who are stapled will get to fly (at least) 5 more years which will help them with their retirement situation.

cliff
GRB

Not if some of us have anything to say about it.

Hi!

cliff
GRB

Awww he!!, one fight at a time.

(For the record, tho, I think that if they can pass the medical, then they should be allowed to fly. Given the history of airline hiring/firing, there has never been a better time for the overall pilot group than now to make this change. Make this change when all the airlines are laying people off, and the sh!t really would hit the fan.)

One list with fences and payrates as atpcliff laid out would be great. Staple AE to the bottom of AA list, those at AE who are afraid of this can chose to bid a form of Eagle Rights which caps them at 70 seat a/c and they wont be able to advance to anything bigger, nor will they be displaced or furloughed unless by another Eagle Rights guy. I would guess 200-400 out of the 3000 AE pilots would chose this.

By having everything from 19seaters to 777s one one list it would allow the bottom of the seniority list (cheapest labor) to be flying the smallest equip. There wouldnt be nearly as many 20yr CAs flying RJs, saving the company money. Recruiting dept could raise the minimums and still have a stack of applicants trying to get their all important seniority number to plan a career at one carrier (AA).

I was merely answering the man's question about who would be opposed to such an idea. I'm not saying that it shouldn't be done because of that. To the contrary, I think it should be done...

So if a regional guy proposes consolidation within the brand, it's a seniority grab but when the mainliners do it, they're saving the profession.

Did I get that right?

So if a regional guy proposes consolidation within the brand, it's a seniority grab but when the mainliners do it, they're saving the profession.

Did I get that right?

Are you really this dense, or do you just pretend to be? Trying to weasel your way into 20 years of mainline seniority is a seniority grab. That's what your RJDC buddies tried to do. A mainline group trying to negotiate for a single list isn't a seniority grab, because they already own the seniority. Really, this isn't that complicated.

Are you really this dense, or do you just pretend to be? Trying to weasel your way into 20 years of mainline seniority is a seniority grab. That's what your RJDC buddies tried to do. A mainline group trying to negotiate for a single list isn't a seniority grab, because they already own the seniority. Really, this isn't that complicated.

How would we have "weaseled" our way into 20 years of mainline seniority? Any merger at ASA/CMR/DAL would have been in accordance with ALPA merger policy...... Are you saying that would have complied with ALPA merger policy?

The "seniority grab" argument was fabricated by the DAL MEC to scare DAL pilots, and it worked like a charm.

It isn't fair for a 20 year RJ pilot to bump a 777 pilot out of his seat....... AND it is EQUALLY unfair for a mainline newhire to bump that same 20 year RJ pilot out of his seat..... which is what a staple does....

You don't seem to concerned about the 20 year RJ pilot.....No windfalls at the expense of others......

It isn't fair for a 20 year RJ pilot to bump a 777 pilot out of his seat....... AND it is EQUALLY unfair for a mainline newhire to bump that same 20 year RJ pilot out of his seat..... which is what a staple does....

It's unfair for anyone to be bumped out of a seat, including an RJ Captain, but also unfair for a 20-year RJ Captain to be placed on a combined list ahead of junior mainline pilots, and that's exactly what your buddies wanted done. Even with fences that protect current seat/equipment positions, it would not be right for a regional pilot to have seniority rights over the junior mainline pilots in bidding future vacancies (or AEs in DAL lingo).

Latest resources

Back