• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALL Flying will performed by AA pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are there any logical reasons why one list, perhaps with fences, would be a bad idea for pilots?

How much will it cost? Who cares? Is there anyone who doesn't think that this is the best possible time to ask for and get changes?

Eagle is for sale, maybe APA will purchase them and then they will be one list ;)

It's unfair for anyone to be bumped out of a seat, including an RJ Captain, but also unfair for a 20-year RJ Captain to be placed on a combined list ahead of junior mainline pilots, and that's exactly what your buddies wanted done. Even with fences that protect current seat/equipment positions, it would not be right for a regional pilot to have seniority rights over the junior mainline pilots in bidding future vacancies (or AEs in DAL lingo).

How would your scenario happen with ALPA merger policy? It wouldn't, because that would give a windfall to someone at the expense of another. The "DOH seniority grab" was fabricated to scare Delta pilots, and it worked. Likewise, a pure staple does not protect the senior regional pilot..... but then you don't seem to concerned about them.......

The fact is, mainline pilots always want "super-seniority" over the regional pilot when things start to move backwards......

How would your scenario happen with ALPA merger policy? It wouldn't, because that would give a windfall to someone at the expense of another.
In my opinion, a "windfall" just took place at AWA/AAA. The policy attempts to avoid it, but situations placed before an arbitrator are extremely unpredictable. If a regional's merger committee pushed for a DOH integration before an arbitrator, then that's certainly a possible outcome. I think for any of these "one-list" proposals to ever become a reality, the regional MEC in question will have to agree ahead of time to a reasonable non-DOH integration.
Likewise, a pure staple does not protect the senior regional pilot..... but then you don't seem to concerned about them.......
I'm concerned about the seniority rights of everyone, but regional pilots aren't entitled to any seniority over their mainline counterparts in such an integration. No regional pilot should ever be placed ahead of a mainline pilot in a mainline/regional integration. They should have fences to protect their current equipment/seats to prevent the mainline guys from bumping them after an integration, but any sort of DOH integration that would give them seniority above a junior mainline pilot would be unacceptable.

Two problems with "one branded list" as I see it. Many regionals serve more than one master. How do you decide which of the pilots goes to Delta's seniority list when a company flies for 3 or more majors? Secondly, what happens to the "one list" when the major gets bought or merges with someone else? Both companies are not going to keep all the employees, including pilots.

How would your scenario happen with ALPA merger policy? It wouldn't, because that would give a windfall to someone at the expense of another. The "DOH seniority grab" was fabricated to scare Delta pilots, and it worked. ..

Fabricated...maybe. But I had more than one CMR pilot during that time tell me to my face that they were going to get DOH.

All of you are talking about staples, mergers, fences etc...

All I read this to mean is that AMR has stated it basically wants to ditch Eagle and those higher than industry average costs.

APA is stating that when that happens they want that flying as opposed to having it sent out for RFPs to cheaper regionals.

Where exactly has APA said they give two s^%t$ about Eagle pilots?

Eagle pilots seem to be facing a very dire future here. The next salvo from AMR will be an ultimatum to accept massive concessions which put Eagle in line with most other regionals or face divestiture. I seriously doubt they will be facing a single seniority list.

Good news is NJA has a very good starting wage. I would look into it.

Last edited:
BigShot, it stands to reason that a single list with EGL would be neccessary under such a proposal, as AMR can't simply ditch all of its RJ feed. Someone will have to continue to fly the RJs, and there would be no way to have the AMR pilots take over that flying in one fell swoop. There would have to be some sort of integration with EGL in order to allow all flying to be on one list.

BigShot, it stands to reason that a single list with EGL would be neccessary under such a proposal, as AMR can't simply ditch all of its RJ feed. Someone will have to continue to fly the RJs, and there would be no way to have the AMR pilots take over that flying in one fell swoop. There would have to be some sort of integration with EGL in order to allow all flying to be on one list.

How many Eagle pilots are still furloughs? That may play into this. Whatever happens it won't be pretty.

Latest resources

Back