• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALL Flying will performed by AA pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is easier said that done... plus the APA can afford to wave a big stick around... they don't have responsibility of serving many groups with different needs.

Look at it like this... It is allot easier for Texas to take care of Texas whereas the USA has a harder time taking care of the 50 states....

You said bad things about Captain Hill?

You would love the guy. He was/is very pro-ALPA and was trying like mad to get the APA to re-join ALPA awhile ago.

Never met him. I met Ralph Hunter a few times and thought he was a great guy, and I didn't like the way Lloyd ran against him. Also wasn't a fan of the illegal work action that Lloyd took part in and still defends. Despite that, if he's actually able to capture back any scope, even if it's just 70-seat scope, then I'll be thoroughly impressed.

go get em APA! All flying done by mainline! bout time!

Never met him. I met Ralph Hunter a few times and thought he was a great guy, and I didn't like the way Lloyd ran against him. Also wasn't a fan of the illegal work action that Lloyd took part in and still defends. Despite that, if he's actually able to capture back any scope, even if it's just 70-seat scope, then I'll be thoroughly impressed.

Ralph was/is a management suck-up/wannabe. I am sure he was/is a nice guy but he is not the type of person that you want leading your union. Especially when AMR is at the other side of the table.

Furthermore, Ralph didn't run a squeaky clean campaign either. Most of it was scare tactic BS that simply wasn't true.

All that and the fact that AMR management walked all over the APA pilots while Hunter was in office, and yet he did very little about it.

As for the illegal job action I tend to agree with you. However, the APA had to so something, and what they did do WORKED. AMR later admitted that the whole thing was a contract violation on their part.

Lloyd is a militant. That is the type of guy you need when dealing with AMR management. Sorry to say it but that is the way it is.

Ralph was/is a management suck-up/wannabe. I am sure he was/is a nice guy but he is not the type of person that you want leading your union
That's exactly the kinds of statements that I was talking about. Anyone that's talked to him would know that he isn't a management "wannabe" or suck-up. He merely has different ideas about how to reach goals. This is a different debate, though. Lloyd got elected, and I supported him and the rest of the APA pilots 100% while you fight for real scope language.

That's exactly the kinds of statements that I was talking about. Anyone that's talked to him would know that he isn't a management "wannabe" or suck-up. He merely has different ideas about how to reach goals.

His actions spoke louder than his words, and AMR management walked all over him.

Again, I have nothing against Ralph and I am sure he is a nice guy but he is not the type of guy you want leading your union against AMR.

And I agree this is not the time or place for that debate. It is water under the bridge now.

Latest resources

Back