• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALL Flying will performed by AA pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Comair and ASA MECs fought this battle in 2000 with the PID in accordance with ALPA's Merger Policy after Delta bought both airlines.
As I've explained to you about 10,000 times now, the PID didn't meet the requirements contained in ALPA merger policy. As far as the policy was concerned, THERE WAS NO MERGER!!!!!!!
What we got for our trouble was the lie that circulated claiming we were demanding DOH.
That's not a lie, it's a fact. Your buddies weren't going to stand for being stapled to the bottom of the DAL list. Not that it mattered anyway, because the PID wasn't valid.
To this very day, we are rebuked for our insolence.

Yeah, people tend to get pissed off when you try to abrogate their seniority, steal their upgrade slots, and bankrupt their union.

It's pretty pathetic that you're still trying to beat your chest about these old RJDC issues just a few months after the RJDC and the Ford/Cooksey plaintiffs went running home with their tail between their legs and a bunch of left over legal fees.

Hi!

They could do this very easily pay-wise. All they need is one pay scale for all the pilots, with a min floor for a smaller plane, so every plane, from 19 seats on up, could be AA pilots, on the AA seniority list, all with one pay rate.

How would it work?:
Start with a min floor, say $35K for an FO, and $60K for a Captain-no one would make less than this.

Then, you pay everyone else a payrate of the % of the seat-miles scheduled for the specific fleet that the pilot is on, divided by the number of pilots. The pay would change as the schedule was changed, to reflect the seat-miles flown on the fleet.

So, obviously, the pay would increase as the number of legs went up, or the length of the legs went up, or you flew a bigger plane, as it would have more seats.

With modern computers, it would even be easy to have the pay rate be based on a % of the coach/business class/1st class seats.

The pay rate is "fair", because everyone gets the same pay, with a floor so the smaller plane guys won't get screwed.

***This will help AA TREMENDOSLY in the ever-increasing negative pilot-hiring situation. When AA gets around to recalls, probably late in 2008, EVERYONE will be hiring, including SWA, UPS and FedEx, and AA will be last to the party. Mgmt will be very surprised at their average applicant quality, unless they do something drastic like this proposal would do.***

cliff
GRB

Hi!

They could do this very easily pay-wise. All they need is one pay scale for all the pilots, with a min floor for a smaller plane, so every plane, from 19 seats on up, could be AA pilots, on the AA seniority list, all with one pay rate.

How would it work?:
Start with a min floor, say $35K for an FO, and $60K for a Captain-no one would make less than this.

Then, you pay everyone else a payrate of the % of the seat-miles scheduled for the specific fleet that the pilot is on, divided by the number of pilots. The pay would change as the schedule was changed, to reflect the seat-miles flown on the fleet.

So, obviously, the pay would increase as the number of legs went up, or the length of the legs went up, or you flew a bigger plane, as it would have more seats.

With modern computers, it would even be easy to have the pay rate be based on a % of the coach/business class/1st class seats.

The pay rate is "fair", because everyone gets the same pay, with a floor so the smaller plane guys won't get screwed.

***This will help AA TREMENDOSLY in the ever-increasing negative pilot-hiring situation. When AA gets around to recalls, probably late in 2008, EVERYONE will be hiring, including SWA, UPS and FedEx, and AA will be last to the party. Mgmt will be very surprised at their average applicant quality, unless they do something drastic like this proposal would do.***

cliff
GRB

Don't be talking smart on FI

Looks like I'm going to have to offer up my consulting services to AA management.

I will recommend letting the pilots go on strike. Then, it's a quick little trip through Ch. 11 with a little 1113c action thrown in, and were back in the saddle. Scope clause history. (Along with wages, work rules, retirement)

Besides the employees, I will extend my services to management to show them how to most efficiently rape vendors, lessors, creditors, retirees, shareholders......I'm sorry, but I'm just getting aroused thinking about this!

I will use UAL's and NWA's track record as the template. The only thing I want to top them in is the executive bonuses. Not only do I want to top the monetary value, but I want to do it in a way that sets a new low for degrading and demoralizing employees. However, looking at Tilton and Steenland's track record, I may not be able to do that.

As I've explained to you about 10,000 times now, the PID didn't meet the requirements contained in ALPA merger policy. As far as the policy was concerned, THERE WAS NO MERGER!!!!!!!

There are 10 (ten) DCI carriers now. Would you care to say a few words on behalf of ALPA's Alter Ego policy? By the way, what is ALPA's Alter Ego policy?

Whatever [the cost] is, it'd be worth it.

Did you run this statement by your buddy-mentor Occam's Razor?

Last edited:
I will recommend letting the pilots go on strike. Then, it's a quick little trip through Ch. 11 with a little 1113c action thrown in, and were back in the saddle. Scope clause history. (Along with wages, work rules, retirement)

Scary how you think, Frank.
But you're right. When push comes to shove and management wants to flatten their unions, this is the ultimate threat isn't it? Employees, creditors, lessors, etc all get thoroughly screwed, and (senior) management get a nice bonus for their efforts.

There are 10 DCI carriers now. Would you care to say a few words on behalf of ALPA's Alter Ego policy?
I don't care to say anything on "behalf" of ALPA, seeing as how I'm no longer an ALPA rep. I speak on behalf of myself. That doesn't change the fact that your beloved PID didn't fall within the confines of the merger policy, and you still fail to understand that all these years later.

Last edited:
Did you run this by your buddy-mentor Occam's Razor?

Occam and I agree about the cost of solving this problem: both parties (regional and mainline) have to share in the costs. Your buddies like DF didn't want to do that, and that's why you now see 10 DCI carriers. I saw the same problem on the PCL MEC. Anytime someone would even bring up the possibility of a single list, as Captain Miller from Council 20 did a number of years ago, a couple of the senior guys would start screaming and hollering about how they refused to be placed at the bottom of the list below NWA pilots that were hired just a few years earlier. As I've always said, it isn't really the mainline pilots that are the biggest road block to these solutions, the problem is coming from the regional pilots with the massive chips on their shoulder.

Occam and I agree about the cost of solving this problem: both parties (regional and mainline) have to share in the costs.

We agree too. We went out of our way to avoid saying how the lists should be put together. That's the job of the respective merger committee negotiations during the 150 day process.

Your buddies like DF didn't want to do that, and that's why you now see 10 DCI carriers.

Wrong. You weren't there so whoever is feeding you that and the part about Comair and ASA MECs demanding DOH is either a liar or passing on a lie.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back