• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All Eagle pilots getting numbers at AA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
what glasspilot is missing, is that this is not an emplyment contract. any of the guys at eagle are free to apply to any other major, or flying job that they so choose.

all this is, is insurance, not welfare. and you might not be jealous, but you are certainly upset that it wasnt offered to you by whatever regional you are/were at.

No, I get it. Flow through. Not too complicated. And it is welfare. And it's a trap, just like welfare. It traps people into complacency and discourages working to better yourself.

Why bother going out and getting that job when you can just sit back, relax and wait?

Notice how you can't tell if my last sentence was about flow through or welfare?

If they were to offer it I suppose I'd take it. But that's the problem, they didn't offer it. The union had to negotiate for it. Nothing is ever "given" away at the table. Everything must be paid for. What did Eagle lose to ensure their lazy could be handed a job at a major?

I have to admit that I find this whole deal suspicious. AMR must have some other plan to allow them to accept something that has been historically the opposite of how they have been in selecting candidates for AA. Granted, it has been a long time since AA has hired but before that time they were one of, if not the most, demanding when it came to their hiring standards.

I am assuming that they are going to be either selling or divesting, or both, of Eagle in the near future. If I were an eagle pilot, I would be very concerned at this unusual agreement.

Why would they create new flows with ASA and Skywest when they didn't even want to keep the ones that were already negotiated? The only thing I could see happening is if they payed Delta off to do it. Other than that, it makes no sense.

yeah if delta were worried about finding pilots in the future they would have kept the 100or so Mesaba guys who would have loved to go to delta in the coming years. Instead what they did is screw most of a pilot group who was pretty happy with the deal they had on their plate. Oh and why would skywest negotiate a guaranteed loss of pilots for a huge maybe on getting more. What they need to do is keep qualified pilots to keep training costs down. Delta for sure is not going to think a skywest pilot is better than a compass or mesaba pilot. Delta wants to control who they hire-unless they "hire" newbies off the street for a contracted amount of time at skywest for a future job at delta. doubt it

Congrats to all but word of caution.

This industry has knack for kicking you in the sack.

Dont count on anything but more change.

Yes, that's exactly right. Waiting for upgrade is a hand out. Also, waiting for a paycheck is a hand out. When you earn something that's called a hand out.

Oh wait, that's stupid. Those things were earned so, duh, by definition it's not a hand out.

Kinda like how you've earned the reputation of resident ******************************? :beer:

So much for any American hiring for the next 5-10 years. Good luck to the 300-hour co-pilot in the MD-80 schoolhouse. Unbelieveable. What a joke.

Just a WAG, the first 1000 Eagle pilots to go probably have over 10,000 hours. By the time it gets down to #2800, that person will probably have a similar amount.

If they were to offer it I suppose I'd take it. But that's the problem, they didn't offer it. The union had to negotiate for it. Nothing is ever "given" away at the table. Everything must be paid for. What did Eagle lose to ensure their lazy could be handed a job at a major?

Lazy=regional job?

So much for any American hiring for the next 5-10 years. Good luck to the 300-hour co-pilot in the MD-80 schoolhouse. Unbelieveable. What a joke.

No worries!
The average short bus, styrofoam helmet wearing retard can fly anything currently in the airline industry. If you find anything difficult about airline flying, you might be on the short end of the IQ curve. My greatest challenge on a daily basis is to not scratch my azz in the terminal, thus showing my disdain for all who are about.
PBR

Lazy=regional job?

I didn't say that. If you're at a regional and like it there then that's great. To each their own. But if that was the case then you wouldn't be affected by flow through so we're not talking about that guy.

This is about guys who are at Eagle and want to be at AA. Most would just get the experience and then go apply. For some they want it handed to them even if it means waiting many many years bypassing thousands in seniority and hundreds of thousands of dollars. That guy is lazy and/or trapped in the welfare of flow through.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back