• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All Eagle pilots getting numbers at AA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AA retaining ownership of Eagle's fleet, so as a seperate company they will have to bid to retain the flying. This means cost structure is going to have to come in line with other competing regionals. Eagle also will have the ability to bid for business from other majors current regional feed which could open them up to operating larger aircraft, that might offset some of the cost.

Also I read somewhere today that Eagle has two certificates and could use one to operate larger aircraft and retained AA flying on the other. Can anyone cofirm or clarify this?

That is correct. We own and operate our jets on the MQ certificate and our ATRs on the NA certificate.

You talked about 911 displacing captains, which was a direct result of the previous flow back provision of Letter 3/Supp. W. That provision no longer exists.

Also, the 16 year contract was not signed solely on a flow program. It was mainly to stop the whipsaw of the 4 Eagles, which it successfully stopped.

Stick to what you know, son.

Ah, there it is. The FI establishment of male dominance. Calling me "son" somehow elevates you into a position of authority. If you were a monkey you'd show your red butt to impress, but here you use inappropriate use of social status, claiming the dominate role for yourself with zero grounds to do so.

Okay "Dad". My point remains flow through is like welfare and any pilot would be way better off to simply apply themselves and, well, apply.

So much for any American hiring for the next 5-10 years. Good luck to the 300-hour co-pilot in the MD-80 schoolhouse. Unbelieveable. What a joke.

I am pretty sure they would net a loss on that type of transaction. At least their theory for the past 10 years or so has been the opposite. If the labor cost (or any cost for that matter)at a certain regional gets too high, then they will just move the flying to another younger one and destroy the original. They have shown they don't have any problems doing that.

You're right in that "they have no problem doing that", but the other side of that issue is that "they" can only do that so many times. With all these mergers and buyouts the number of regionals will continue to decrease, thus limiting "their" options of continuous shuffling of flying.

My hunch (only a hunch) at the moment is that ALPA national is operating on the premise that regional flying as we know it today will disappear in the next decade just because there will be nobody left to do it, so all this will be a moot point sooner than we think.

jealous much? so i guess waiting on an upgrade to captain is a free hand out as well?

Yes, that's exactly right. Waiting for upgrade is a hand out. Also, waiting for a paycheck is a hand out. When you earn something that's called a hand out.

Oh wait, that's stupid. Those things were earned so, duh, by definition it's not a hand out.

Giving you a job at a major airline because you got hired 20 years ago at some regional with 600 hours...would that be earned or handed out? If it's earned then why don't all the 20 year pilots at other regionals get the job? You tell me.

Look, I'm talking to the non-lazy people here who have desire and motivation in life and want to excel. Don't wait for your number to move forward. Leap frog all the lazy people who are going to sit back and wait for what they think is owed them. The numbers are on your side. The Majority of pilots going to AA will still be off the street. Use that to your advantage and let all those who think flow through is great languish in their own laziness and self pity.

Chjack, to answer your question...no, I'm not at all jealous.

Last edited:
Chjack, to answer your question...no, I'm not at all jealous.

Your acrimony comes as no shock to me...

Agreed, though: jealous is a completely improper moniker.

What you have, asspilot, is a savage affliction of non-unionized, house-slave arrogance. It burns you to see these regional-types getting cut a break they themselves worked to negotiate with the company, does it not?

You've got some set floating in here and calling this negotiated business arrangement between pilots and management (within the same company no less) welfare.

Hey Harvard, fancy running into you here!

Thanks for noticing my set. I think a guy as smart as you can see my point has nothing to do with the negotiating process. I'm making fun of what they negotiated. It is welfare and if my MEC gave up one penny or benefit of mine for it I'd be upset.

Nice talking to ya! See ya around!

P.S. try to stop thinking about my ballz.

what glasspilot is missing, is that this is not an emplyment contract. any of the guys at eagle are free to apply to any other major, or flying job that they so choose.

all this is, is insurance, not welfare. and you might not be jealous, but you are certainly upset that it wasnt offered to you by whatever regional you are/were at.

What happens if the organization that the Eagle pilots are flying for after Eagle is sold folds (ie. Independence Air) prior to the pilots ability to flow to AA?

Latest resources

Back