• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All Eagle pilots getting numbers at AA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Curious, what makes you say that APA had anything to do with this?
Nothing. I should have said APA or AMR management. I don't know who had their hand in it. But I do know that Delta's MEC was staunchly against any flowthroughs, and barely let XJ keep their 100 or so numbers. So if APA is anything like DALPA when it comes to views on flowthroughs...

APA had nothing to do with it...

Incredible! Great job to APA American and ALPA Eagle to work this out.

I would hope that Delta Connection carriers could be afforded an opportunity like this, but no way. Now I regret not going to Eagle in 2007. The double-breasted egotistical union leaders at Delta refuse any flowthrough agreements, barely giving XJ the 100 flows and Compass only until Summer 2010 hires.

The APA had nothing to do with this deal. It was done by Eagle ALPA, AA, and AE.

Last edited:
Last point, didn't you eagle pilots learn your lesson yet? You signed that 16 year crap contract just to get flow through and the flow through turned out to be the worst part of the contract when AA displaced all your captains after 911. You guys are the poster airline of why flow through is BAD and you go out and do this...

Shows how little you know.

This new deal has no flowback provision. If/when you flow, your employment at Eagle is terminated.

The original Letter 3 was mostly negotiated by APA and AA, even though Eagle and ALPA were also parties it. This new deal is lightyears beyond Letter 3/Supp. W. in terms of scope and language.

Shows how little I know? Which part you my post that you quoted is wrong? I think I was factually correct on every point.

You talked about 911 displacing captains, which was a direct result of the previous flow back provision of Letter 3/Supp. W. That provision no longer exists.

Also, the 16 year contract was not signed solely on a flow program. It was mainly to stop the whipsaw of the 4 Eagles, which it successfully stopped.

Stick to what you know, son.

Nothing. I should have said APA or AMR management. I don't know who had their hand in it. But I do know that Delta's MEC was staunchly against any flowthroughs, and barely let XJ keep their 100 or so numbers. So if APA is anything like DALPA when it comes to views on flowthroughs...

The reason I ask is because it seems to me that these pilots will be new hire pilots just like any other pilot off the street (as opposed to true flowthroughs). I don't think APA has to be consulted by AMR to negotiate who they hire "off the street" if you will. It's just like XJT having an MOU with All ATPs to interview/hire their pilots.

Last edited:
Doubt Comair would ever get flow-rights at Delta after the stunt their senior guys pulled (Lawson?) right after 9/11. They required Delta furloughees to resign their seniority numbers in order to get junior RJ slots. Obviously, nobody took them up on it (or very, very few). This happened even though Comair was a Delta Connection carrier - pretty pathetic when pilots were in serious need after 9/11.

Sorry, guilt by association. From what I hear, many of the remaining Delta pilots were clearly not happy and they have long-term memories... So, don't expect it at Delta if you are a Comair pilot.

This now puts Eagle in business for themselves. They have the highest operating costs in the business.

This is bad news. This settlement of the grievance was a move to go forward. I wonder from an Eagle pilots point of view if there is any real value with the opportunity presented with the settlement.

This business can be just awful.

AA retaining ownership of Eagle's fleet, so as a seperate company they will have to bid to retain the flying. This means cost structure is going to have to come in line with other competing regionals. Eagle also will have the ability to bid for business from other majors current regional feed which could open them up to operating larger aircraft, that might offset some of the cost.

Also I read somewhere today that Eagle has two certificates and could use one to operate larger aircraft and retained AA flying on the other. Can anyone cofirm or clarify this?

Latest resources

Back