• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska News?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Exactly. They came after us in GEG, BOI and PDX. The used to have 6 flights a day between GEG and SEA. Now they have 3 and those are usually half full.
Alaska does not fly to Boise any longer. They hardly fly to Spokane anymore.
And even with a pilot base, Portland is a much smaller presence than it was 10 years ago......

Sorry, more money to be made other places than BOI. Good luck with your AAI merger, hope you don't try to screw them...

Alaska does not fly to Boise any longer. They hardly fly to Spokane anymore.
And even with a pilot base, Portland is a much smaller presence than it was 10 years ago......

I was referring to AAG not merely AS. Sorry for the confusion.

Allegiant has already said that they expect to be flying to hawaii no sooner than 2012. But Allegiant is trying to do this with a new type so they have different issues than SWA would, but I still think SWA would be lucky to get Hawaii going before summer 2012. Getting Hawaii going while digesting Air Tran I think will be difficult.

Allegiant has already said that they expect to be flying to hawaii no sooner than 2012. But Allegiant is trying to do this with a new type so they have different issues than SWA would, but I still think SWA would be lucky to get Hawaii going before summer 2012. Getting Hawaii going while digesting Air Tran I think will be difficult.
Two things that will help them.....Their flight ops department does not have "terminal,re-invent the wheel-itis" like Alaska's does. Their business side is not enamored with pilots. They understand that pilots are for flying airplanes and will probably get the right people for the job at hand.....

Two things that will help them.....Their flight ops department does not have "terminal,re-invent the wheel-itis" like Alaska's does. Their business side is not enamored with pilots. They understand that pilots are for flying airplanes and will probably get the right people for the job at hand.....

Two very good points....sadly.

"Reliable source" says that the company wants 18 more recalls like yesterday. If they could wave a magic wand, they would have 100% recalled now. To bad they have painted themselves into a corner and have to fight their way out of this self made mess. Lets hope they learn that they can furlough overnight, but that it takes many months to bring them back. With enough time we will get this pig through the python and move on into better days!

"Reliable source" says that the company wants 18 more recalls like yesterday. If they could wave a magic wand, they would have 100% recalled now. To bad they have painted themselves into a corner and have to fight their way out of this self made mess. Lets hope they learn that they can furlough overnight, but that it takes many months to bring them back. With enough time we will get this pig through the python and move on into better days!

That's too bad. I am soon going to be forced to sign a 2 year employment contract elsewhere.

They do have a magic wand...it's called 1.3 billion dollars of unrestricted cash in the bank and quarter after quarter of record profitability.

That *is* too bad, Z Pilot. I know in another week, you will have been out for 2 years, so I don't blame you for signing a 2-year contract with another outfit.

This begs the question: How many of our remaining involuntary furloughed pilots have signed long-term contracts by now?

*IF* the company wants to bring back the remaining 44, they may run into a big bypass number. Now, they're going to have to actually start up the application, interview, and hiring process. I'm sure flight ops is nowhere near ready for this.

Oh brother!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back