• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska News?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yup, saw those 6 ANC FO premium trips on the board earlier. I was expecting a JA call. Sure enough, there was a voice mail on my cell phone about the two red-eye trips tonight.

It might be helpful to understand the business decision that goes into staffing.......There is a number that is used for how much money they want to spend to cover the schedule....to arrive at it they determine the acceptable level of vsa or premium coverage and the acceptable cancellation level.....None of those numbers have been hit so on the business side there is not a problem....It comes down to money...what is it worth to have a 100% schedule....or on the safety side what is it worth to prevent accidents...they will spend just enough to meet those goals and no more.....Dont look at it through pilot eyes and it will make more sense...

Are reserve guys breaking guarantee?

Are reserve guys breaking guarantee?

Not last month. A couple of LC's did but none of the Short calls did. Transition is always tough...if it's still like this by the 4th then they are in real trouble the rest of the month. But usually the staffing crisis tapers off by the 4th or 5th.

We'll see.

My lowest month since June has been 82 hours. I have been around 85+ hours per month. I am just a long call reserve scum.

sounds like reserve is no like the old days where you knew which bank of flights you were on the hook for and when they were gone, you were done.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back