• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska News?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pretty sure they called today to see if I was available due to no reserves today. They never called back so I guess they found somebody to help out!

I think the business side knows that the economy is actually worsening and competition is coming like a freight train......They know that the profit numbers are coming from momentum and that when it runs out so will those numbers....They are trying to stay absolutely lean whether it is to sell the company or stay afloat in coming bad times...

I can't believe it's been two years the guys/gals have been on furlough. WOW! Now that the number is down to 44 I just can't see how bringing them all back would hurt the bottom line, especially when flights are STILL being canceled due to lack of crew coverage. 44 pilots split to 4 bases would only help the rest of the troops. As was said previously, $1.3B could get the pilots trained quickly @ any of many available training centers. This holdout seems to be personal, and it would do the Co good to eat the crow and get these pilots back. Good luck to all and I hope you get word soon!

Baja.

I think the business side knows that the economy is actually worsening and competition is coming like a freight train......They know that the profit numbers are coming from momentum and that when it runs out so will those numbers....They are trying to stay absolutely lean whether it is to sell the company or stay afloat in coming bad times...

Spot on Tico. There was a time I thought you were all conspiracy, but after the glow of being a new hire @ AS, I see that you have escaped the hold of the Matrix. Blue or Red pill? LOL.

Baja.

This holdout seems to be personal, and it would do the Co good to eat the crow and get these pilots back. Good luck to all and I hope you get word soon!

Baja.

Actually, I think it is nothing personal. They are out of reserves, but there were no cancellations today, or yesterday, or the day before that. That is efficient. They are not going to recall unless they have to. Nothing personal.

Actually, I think it is nothing personal. They are out of reserves, but there were no cancellations today, or yesterday, or the day before that. That is efficient. They are not going to recall unless they have to. Nothing personal.

You're right. But damn, it sure feels personal.

He's right. Unfortunately that's just the way things work at any airline. I spent three years just two people away from being recalled at HA, while those still flying piled on the recall pay. I thought that a cancelled flight would bring me back quickly, but they always found someone, somewhere, to fly the plane. So in their eyes, I wasn't necessary. It's sad, but it isn't personal. It's just business.

HAL

Happy New Year.

One FO on reserve at ANC starting at noon good for 1 day...13 ANC trips starting today.

They are calling FO's for premium pay. They can't cover 4 trips for tomorrow. Didn't answer the phone.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back