• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Latest rumor--and this one's true!!

3000 pilots by 3000!!:D

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

CP.

The funniest thing mentioned on this thread. Read the 8K filings. Growth is coming, at least that is what AAG is telling the investors (their favorites). With who, what, and when??? I guess we will find out in the year 3000.

Small number of CRJ-700 (Horizon's) will be flown by 3rd party. But that is temp until the 787's arrive. Then they will operate those for us. Thank god we have scope!

Yeah, they are in shock after SWA announced they are going to fly to HI. The wagons are circled at Angle Lake and they are trying to decide where to run too. I think the Eskimo is in big trouble!

First - two years is an eternity in this industry.

Second - SWA has had a pretty tough time competing with AS. I think that Hawaiian is more afraid than AS is. Two financially healthy 737-800 opeartors operating from the west coast, each with there own feed cannot be good news at Hawaiian.

Last edited:
Might as well accept there never is going to be any growth, at least not that will make any difference to us. If it happens it will be a huge shock. But until it happens there is 0 reason to get any hopes up. Two more years we will see retirements, till then we just get to babysit and listen to all the geezers tell us how they are going to leave at 60, well 61, well now 62, ok 63, ok not a day past 64, etc. Only growth we'll see is if Delta buys us which I honestly hope they do now. Anyone who expects and truly has their hopes up about any real growth out of this management team just hasn't been paying attention for all these years. Heres to hoping I'm wrong.

You're right. But yes, I hope you're wrong.

First - two years is an eternity in this industry.

Second - SWA has had a pretty tough time competing with AS. I think that Hawaiian is more afraid than AS is. Two financially healthy 737-800 opeartors operating from the west coast, each with there own feed cannot be good news at Hawaiian.

Yes, two years is a long time in our biz. That being said, I think AS' best HI ops will be these next two years. Competition is coming, and it is inevitable that the loads will reflect that.

Hawaiian has got to be shaking in their boots. Filling an 800 to capacity and running it to the islands will always be cheaper than a 767 or 330 at reduced capacity. Fact is, their loads ARE down and AS has as many weekly departures there as they do.
My concern is how many west coast cities is SWA planning on launching from that AS already serves? SWA will HAVE to change their inflight customer service styles to make it attractive enough for the cattle to sign up for a 5-6 hour ride.

I also attended a SIC seminar recently, and "BM" thinks it will be mid 2012 at the earliest that SWA can be ready. He also thinks Allegiant has similar timeframe issues. So, yes, the time for AS to reap the benefits of limited capacity is now through the next two years. After that the game is going to change. BLI, with a heavy Canadian pax influence, could be a real gold mine. But, how many other untapped gold mines are out there?

These are good times for AS. I also agree with idea that many have posted here that AS will grow in it's traditional conservative fashion. Too bad, because we could all use about 400 numbers below us!

Just my two cents from an already half-empty glass.

My concern is how many west coast cities is SWA planning on launching from that AS already serves? SWA will HAVE to change their inflight customer service styles to make it attractive enough for the cattle to sign up for a 5-6 hour ride.

SWA already does 5+ hour transcons so I don't see them needing to change anything. The cattle will go wherever they can save $3, seamlessly connect or benefit from their mileage plan.

Latest resources

Back