• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Management figured out the last time they gave away the store, this one won't pass by 85%....but it will pass.

Like I said earlier...industry leading profits=industry leading pay. If not us, who? If not now, when?

Are you all glad you waited now?

I'm pissed I gotta wait til next Friday before I can vote no.

Last edited:
If you are an FO and vote yes for this thing you are a moron. I can't believe anyone is shocked by the outcome... We all knew it would be a 10,2,2,2,2 or 18% contract. Well it came as a 10.8,1.5,1.5,3.5,1.5. Oh yeah we are doing so well the company gave us an 18.8 % raise.. how generous. Maybe they will even throw in a payday candybar. I will vote no on the 14th 75% of the other guys are starting to refresh their computers now so the can vote yes just as soon as it opens. And I will spend the next 5 years not flying with a single person who voted yes... Kinda weird but that's the Alaska pilot group!

Last edited:
No vote. Did not come close to the minimums I left on the poll. I looked at the ENTIRE package and not one of the cornerstones met my minimum. My NO vote should come as no surprise to those who reviewed the polling data. If you have an opinion on this TA you better have also paticipated in the poll. It would have been nicer to see more pilots take the thing and put a higher value on their services.

Management gave away the store last time ??? I voted NO for it...knew they were making a killing then .. And now ... Time to vote NO again and force them to pay up ... American had balls and voted the first 1 down ! We should 2.. They will quickly come back with a better offer... They don't want the train to have any hiccups ...

Last edited:
Management gave away the store last time ???

If you're management, you tweak the rates/terms to get a 55-60% approval. (50%+1+ some buffer). When the last one passed with an 85% approval, management knew they could have given us a little less and it would have still passed.

First off, I like to thank the NC and the MEC for their time and effort.
I will go to the road shows and re-read the TA but I can't, for the life of me, believe how this thing got voted in unanimously by the MEC! Scope alone is a no-go for me. Once again, this is a contract for the greedy, senior, spineless geezers. Now they have the ability to drop down to 37.5 hours and still receive the bennies. Pay.... what is f'ing joke, especially for the TOS FOs! FOs once get thrown under the bus! Sad to say, I'm sure it will pass though.

I would have liked the 13.5% to bump up maybe .5% per yr or something better.

DL's at 15%
UAL 15/16%
HA up to 19.4%
Just to name a few....

No changes in contribution for 5 yrs. Thats not satisfactory.

If you were not here for contract '09....the 13.5% was sold as the equivalent of the prior plan. A couple decades will tell the truth.

If you were not here for contract '09....the 13.5% was sold as the equivalent of the prior plan. A couple decades will tell the truth.

No it wasn't. I don't remember anyone selling a 10.5% increase in the B plan as a replacement for the 1.9% A plan. Even the company's pamphlet that was put together for each individual pilot, with certain assumptions for growth and potential retirement payout, had the 13.5% contribution paying less in retirement. The sales pitch was, you don't have to risk the company going BK or merging and losing or freezing your pension. You get to take all of the risk, which shouldn't be a problem for most. We all know pilots make good money managers.

AK pilots have the leverage now...with a merger on the horizon, mgt NEEDS this contract done. the suitors on the sidelines are just waiting for the dust to settle. it is your opportunity to extract the most you can before the current mgt team sails off into early retirement with millions in merger compensation. JMO

Latest resources

Back