Alaska ANYONE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wowjack said:
Anybody know if they do a tour of the facility during the interview?

No, Not much to see. Its not like SWA which is very impressive. There are a few cool old pictures on the wall and a few glass cases full of stuff but that is about it. No space suits or P.O.W PJ's hanging on the walls.

Hi all - just took a look at aviationinterviews.com and saw the last Alaska review was in Dec 05. OUCH! That's very old. Anyone care to post a review or even better, details of their experience? Thanks. Baja.

I would agree that they want to hear that you have only applied at AK. They asked me that question on the second question of the interview. I was honest and said that I had applied at some other airlines. Having been hired at three majors pre 9/11 and never starting class at any of them, I didn't think it was unreasonable to cover my bases. After several follow up questions, I revealed that I had also been hired at another quality airline as well. At that point the interview was basically over. There were several questions during the course of the interview on why I wanted to work at AK when I have already been hired at an airline that will pay more money. At that point, I started questioning it myself. AK had always been one of my top choices. However, with the competitive hiring environment, I didn't think it would be seen as a negative to apply elsewhere. Other than that, the interview was as advertised. An HR rep and pilot. Standard tell me a time questions. A lot of questions on my previous airplanes. Brief an approach. Questions about vdp and 3 to 1 descent profile. They were very nice. There was just no overcoming the hole that I allowed myself to get into. They don't interview too many people so they truly do want to hire the ones that they call in for an interview. Good luck to anyone heading out there for an interview. I feel lucky to have been called for an interview, but realize that things work out for a reason.

Burgen - call me slow but are you saying that you had been hired by another company at the same time interviewing with Alaska? If that's the case I could see why the interview went South. Where did you land? And how long ago was your Alaska interview?

Baja.

Going2Baja said:
Burgen - call me slow but are you saying that you had been hired by another company at the same time interviewing with Alaska? If that's the case I could see why the interview went South. Where did you land? And how long ago was your Alaska interview?

Baja.

Call ME slow... but why could you understand that it went south because of this? Seems to me, if you've already got a job offer at one place, but you're STILL sitting there interviewing at AS, that indicates pretty strongly that you'd rather work for AS. Why else even interview??

Stearmandriver said:
Call ME slow... but why could you understand that it went south because of this? Seems to me, if you've already got a job offer at one place, but you're STILL sitting there interviewing at AS, that indicates pretty strongly that you'd rather work for AS. Why else even interview??

Because you've proven to them that you're not an easy cult convert and you've insulted their tiny little world-view by thinking of working someplace else. Speaking of Cults, ever wonder why Charlie Manson is on the tail...

Ya know... I DID always wonder who that was... had to resist the urge to ask them at my interview. Course, guess I might as well... would have gotten something out of the experience then.

;-)

Chicago job fair

Is anyone planning on going to the Aviation Interviews.com job fair on the 26th? Alaska is supposed to be there recruiting.

Latest resources

Back