• Friendliest aviation community on the web
StearmanDriver-

That's exactly what happened to me.
Phase I went very well.
Phase II went well, too.....but.....
I got the same result you did.

Better luck next year for us, I guess.

Z

One thing I think that helped me make it through the interview was to look at the website www.alaskasworld.com I went through that entire website. Look into corporate goals and and other things besides flight ops stuff. In the second interview an HR rep will sit in and wants to see that you know whats going on in the corporate side. This really impressed the lady that was from coorperate.

Hey Stearman,

Hang in there. I know how disappointing that is. I too was told to go home on my first interview. Two years later, I got a second chance and got hired.

I have a friend who needs current Alaska interview gouge. When I interviewed 4 years ago, Aviation Training Center (ATC) at Boeing Field was the place to go for the sim prep and they also had a good database of interview prep materials ... all the latest questions. Many interviewees sent back info on their interview and ATC passed it along (as part of their product) to those who followed. Now that AS doesn't do interview sims anymore, ATC is probably out of the picture. Where is the info on the current interview? My friend is looking to network with recent interviewees. Surely someone must be collecting feedback somewhere out there in internet land.

ATC isn't out of the picture for Alaska interview preps. A QX friend of mine who just interviewed a few weeks ago went in for the prep. and thought it was quite helpful. They still have a lot of good information, just minus the sim. stuff for those who won't be taking the sim ride.

So here's a question... what's with the new bid numbers? They don't jibe at all with what new hires / applicants are being told! I mean, 27 hires next year? That's nowhere near enough to just cover attrition, never mind expansion!

New hires and applicants are told what the company would like to do long term in a perfect world ... if they get everything they want in terms of labor concessions. The problem is ... it's fiction. Like a good novel, it might be a good story but it's not reality. The current bid simply states their near term training capability. Here's the bottom line ... the Alaska training department is maxed out and hamstrung with the drawdown of the MD and the -200 in the near term and they need to find a way to train more pilots ... off property, training relief from the union for back side of the clock training (new hire training only, please), etc. They can only do so much with their four sims on the property. What will really happen in the one to three year time frame is somewhere between management's "four year captain upgrade fiction novel" growth strategy and this bid's obvious stagnation. It will depend on many variables ... including whether the Alaska pilot group will allow the company to purchase training relief. You can be sure that when the company's fiction novel strategy doesn't blossom into reality, the pilots will be blamed for not giving enough.

Latest resources

Back