Alaska ANYONE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shwing

Any news at Alaska with the Silver bullets and the hiring. I know and am aware that there is a new Chief Pilot and he wants to do away with the Silver Bullet but how many silver bullets are in the pile as of now...(Not guesses the real number if anyone knows). How many people do they plan to hire between now and lets say the end of 2008. Does anyone know how many people they have been interviewing lately and the percentage that they hire? There are a lot of threads that keep going on for pages and pages maybe this thread can be that one strictly for ALASKA INTERVIEWING/INFO on the INTERVIEW. Anyone that has done the interview please don’t be shy help out other pilots and post some thing on other boards to help out fellow pilots.

Last edited:
Well.....

No one will have the exact #'s that you are looking for. Althought you don't want a "guess," I am going to give you one anyways...100 to 200 SB's left. As for the other information you are asking about, you can derive your own guesstimations by searching for and reading the Alaska threads over the last six months or so.

The interview process completely changed about two weeks ago. One pilot thought that it might be a two-stage (two-day) process now. Most candidates will not do the sim...

Percentage of those who get hired....well, I started a thread about that and made several posts about that...no one seems to know...I know January was a bad month....I think that they hired less than 25% of those whom they interviewed...I heard that late last year was much better, perhaps 75% got the job...as for the last couple of months...I just don't know, I'd guess 50%.

Wish me luck!

Z

As for number for the SB's? The new Chief told myself and a few other guys in the crew room 2 months ago that they had about 400 in the system and thousands of normal guys on file as well. He said if a guy did not have one but was highy qualified that he might get a call before the SB guy.

Hope it helps.

Does recruiting considers AK time (135 turbo-prop) a big plus or do they want 121 jet experience?

I’ve been receiving many questions regarding the hiring program here at Alaska. Numbers, base assignment and movement between bases. We are going to be slightly revamping our selection process over the next few months. To better allow us the opportunity to review and interview the quality candidates for Alaska Airlines, I am suspending the Silver Bullet program effective April 1st. We have over 5800 applications on file and over 500 Silver Bullets. We need the time to work through those applications as I feel we owe it to those already on file to take a look at them and give them the consideration they deserve. I will be publishing the new requirements for interviewing within a couple of weeks.

~Rob Spero, Alaska Chief Pilot
March 27, 2006

Thanks for the input and I hope they will still go through the silver bullet list and give calls to those that have been waiting. I still would like this thread to stay active and anything that deals with hiring/interviewing/class dates PLEASE POST TO IT TO THIS THREAD!

Good luck to all!

no news

Since Capt Spero has only been behind the desk a short time, we - the pilot group - don't know what his new hiring plan is. Simply put, he has not told us what he is going to do yet - other than "honor" those that already had silver bullets under Capt. Major's system.
The ANC BCP has shown me the silver bullet list twice in the last few months, as I have two guys on there waiting for the phone to ring. The list looks like it has about 175 to 200 names. That is it, just a list of names, nothing more, nothing less. There is no way to tell when you may get a call, the ANC BCP didn't even know who makes the decision on who gets the call - could be HR could be Capt. Spero himself? I am sure that there are thousands who have applied on line and are in the system database, but the actual list of old silver bullets is not all that big.
There just isn't anything else to add.

Second interview

Does anyone have any solid info on what is involved with the second Interview if you are lucky enough to be called back?

Is the recommendation letter from the old chief pilot, that was given to all of those who interned back in the day still good and accepted by the new chief pilot?
Also, would that be considered a silver bullet?

Thanks

Latest resources

Back