Alaska ANYONE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the heads up.

...not that it matters presently, as I have no interview but I can dream.

not totally true. I was asked that but I was honest and said that while AS was my first choice, I had applied to other airlines that were hiring, as I owed that to my family in this market.. I am now in training.

Gouge Anyone?

Why are people getting interviews and not posting anything to help out fellow pilots. Aviationinterviews.com is a great place to post but everyone becomes somewhat selfish after the interview and holds all info. Remember what it was like when you were trying to get on at Alaska and there was nothing out there, I am asking you to PLEASE write a review of the interview. I am not after your job just trying to help everyone out. Remember this thread has been going for a long time and the reason is because we want people to post good replies about any info about Alaska and interview gouge. Please help with the many pilots waiting outside to get in.

Thank you,

Shwing

shwing said:
Why are people getting interviews and not posting anything to help out fellow pilots. Aviationinterviews.com is a great place to post but everyone becomes somewhat selfish after the interview and holds all info. Remember what it was like when you were trying to get on at Alaska and there was nothing out there, I am asking you to PLEASE write a review of the interview. Thank you,

Shwing

Shwing- I think it may be because when I looked for info on the Alaska gouge on aviationinterviews.com, it appeared to be yet another way for money to disappear from my bank account. There were only a few recent postings, the website was not that well laid out, and then frustrated me because the gouge appeared to be free but really wasn't. It seems everyone on the internet is trying to nickel and dime you to death.

If there were more postings on that site, I probably would have paid the $10. But it all adds up after awhile.

I have an interview near the end of the month and will be happy to help you with any insights I have regarding what type of individual they are looking for.

Best of luck.

Shwing's Interview

Dude, Shwing, when is your interview? How's that coming along? What's your contact doing for you?!?!

????

Not sure when my interview might happen, I am waiting just like the rest of everyone else. I have a SB but they told my contact to wait until the summer is over before he questions the status about my interview.

Good luck to all and allow this thread to be a tool to others!

I was hired almost a year ago. I told the interviewers that I had my stuff out everywhere but Alaska was where I wanted to work. I grew up in the Seattle area so I think they knew that I was sincere. Right now there are individuals holding lines in ANC and LAX hired in March I believe is the latest. I spent three bids on reserve until I held a line in ANC. I think most people haven’t had a lot of time to answer questions because most of us interviewed and were sent two weeks latter to ground school. Plus the interview process has changed a couple of times over the past year. But hey fire away and I will try to help out.

interview help

HI. I have an interview at the end of the month. I really thought there'd be a lot more info out there about Alaska since they are interviewing and hiring a lot. But...I can't find anything. Maybe it'd help if I asked more specific questions. I don't know anyone at Alaska and have never talked to anyone that has intervewed there.

Just wondering how it all goes....I have heard it's a panel interview. Who is there, chief pilot? HR reps? Training? How many people are on the board?

What is the mood? Very serious or more laid back?

What type of questions? Are there the typical "Tell me about a time...." type questions? Are you given scenerios and asked "what would you do in this situation?" If so...what kind of scenerios do they give you. Is there any type of written test or technical questions? Are there math or other calculating type questions? Are there ?s like, have you even broken a reg? Have you ever disagreed with another crew member? etc....

I was told sims are not being done for the time being.

Anything that really threw you off or you wish you'd have known about ahead of time?

Thanks in advance.

What type of questions? Are there the typical "Tell me about a time...." type questions? Are you given scenerios and asked "what would you do in this situation?" If so...what kind of scenerios do they give you. Is there any type of written test or technical questions? Are there math or other calculating type questions? Are there ?s like, have you even broken a reg? Have you ever disagreed with another crew member? etc....

Yes to almost all of these. I interviewed in April. The intervew begins with a computerized personality test, ie "I am always happy" or "I am the life of the party" and then state how accurate or inaccurate that statement is. You can't really prepare for it just be honest or it will come out as the same topics are hit with slightly different questions. Next on the same computer a type of IQ test with some simple (or not so simple if you're nervous) math probs, number sequences, verbal questions, etc. Again nothing to prepare for. The board interview is usually 2 Captains and an HR rep. All types of the above questions. Become very familiar with the details of the Jepps from the introduction section. Like MORAs, how to get on the approach from various points, equipment outages, etc. Know your current A/C systems very well. Do well, but I know I got some answers wrong but still got the job. Definitely try to be honest.

Good luck

Latest resources

Back