• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska Airlines Pilots Reach an Agreement in Concept on a New Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've heard 68% of captain's pay rate for FOs. In any case, don't get your hopes up. I'm pretty sure that these mofos are getting away with murder again. I hope I'm wrong.

At least you CAN vote......

meantime, us 60 red-headed stepchilds are going to get stiffed on the signing bonus.....

No you are not, that was told to me.
Lets all cool our heals and let our MEC get this straight. Then vent after we see the deal. You have a lot of guys here that are not about to sell you out.

I hope you're right. Because the MEC's actions over the next few weeks will determine how divided or united this pilot group will actually become.

I am liking the rumors of what is in this TA so far. Pay rates barely above bankrupt carriers and lower than carriers that took substantial paycuts. What makes this TA even more delicious to an executive such as myself is the fact that these "new and improved" payrates will leave Alaska pilots about 20% BELOW Southwest, a DISCOUNT airline. Don't feel bad though, you will be making at least 5 bucks an hour more than aviation legend and powerhouse AirTran. They will really be looking up to you. I will personally be calling your MEC reps to thank them. Great job guys!

If you put a dollar figure on our pension, I heard that its around $20.00 per hour added ( like we can all count on a pension anymore ! ). I am not implying the rumors are acceptable.

Guys,
I don't have a crystal ball, but I try not to speculate on stuff that is largely out of my control....now did anyone else hear about 20k for Captains and 25k for FO's as signing bonuses?

Chief,

The rumor we’re hearing around AA is 10% immediate pay raise with a 4% increase per year for 4 years plus a $20,000 signing bonus for CA’s and $25,000 signing bonus for FO’s. No change to their retirement benefits.

Here’s how the numbers play out:

12 Year 737 CA FO

Current 154 97
2009 169.40 106.70
2010 176.17 110.97
2011 183.22 115.40
2012 190.17 120.02
2013 198.17 124.82

Current
LUV 198.00 131.00
AA 165.69 112.67

I’ve got to agree with Lorenzo on this one. Overall, looks weak. We’re hearing LUV is currently inking a contract with 3% pay raises (based on profitability), so it basically takes four years for Alaska CA’s just to catch up to LUV's present rate. The FO’s never catch up to LUV.

A 4.0% annual increase is just barely over the current inflation rate. What happens if Barack’s bill causes hyper inflation a few years down the road??
I wonder if their guys will fall for the chump change.

Looks like another big win for management.

AA767AV8TOR

If you put a dollar figure on our pension, I heard that its around $20.00 per hour added ( like we can all count on a pension anymore ! ). I am not implying the rumors are acceptable.

Kingair,

From the “for what it’s worth” department, I was told by a former APA President that our 1.25% A-Fund was valued at 6% annual pay. You’re A-Fund is 1.9%. It looks like your 20% figure is overly inflated.

The added risk of the A-Fund must also be accounted for when making comparisons. A lot of legacy pilots have come out with pennies on the dollar for their A-Funds.

AA767AV8TOR

Latest resources

Back