• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska Airlines Pilots Reach an Agreement in Concept on a New Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
any news on hourly rate increase? Do the furloughees get the signing bonus as well? Thanks for bringing it back on topic. Hey General maybe you should start an Alaska vs DAL thread.....it gets old on this one...

Okay, don't mention trolls, and they go away.

$24k/$20k? That's about $34M. That's a chunk of change.

any news on hourly rate increase? Do the furloughees get the signing bonus as well? Thanks for bringing it back on topic. Hey General maybe you should start an Alaska vs DAL thread.....it gets old on this one...

Hey, did someone call my name??? Thanks for that. I think it is great AK is possibly getting a raise, and if it is more than our current 738 rate, then when we merge we hopefully can bring that along. Sounds FANTASTIC. I can't wait for my first Sitka layover during the Summer.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

It's chump change compared to $400M + interest that that they took from us. Lowered expectation..... what are we, a bunch of WDs?

Agreed.

Don't worry the company will find a way to write off the bonus regardless of the number. $34M to get an engaged pilot group once again is nothing and will more than pay for itself with a profitable year.

I've seen posts and heard opinions from our guys that something must be in the works as far as mergers or buyouts or outsourcing our flying etc, all because the company finally and quickly came around and started to bargain in good faith. Management's inability to gain trust from this pilot group is a well deserved result of years of double-talk, scare tactics, abuses and outright lies. I don't personally trust them one bit and am waiting to see what happens around the corner.

At the same time I have to look at the results of the past two and a half years and how the pilots have conducted themselves. We have been professional and done our job. We do not rush anything. We do our job safely. In the past we not only did our job, but we did many other people's or work groups' job for them. The instant we saw something that was going to cause a snag in the operation, we were on the horn telling someone about it. Now we are doing our job. We are flying the airplane safely and professionally, but if there are no marshallers, well...I guess we'll just have to see if someone figures it out. I mean ops knows when we're supposed to push, right? We've stopped doing everyone else's job and the result has been that in order to keep even a reasonable DOT on time record, scheduling has had to build in a lot of extra time and inefficiencies.

I'm getting long winded, but the last couple years has seen this pilot group become less and less engaged and the scare tactics haven't been working. They've actually backfired and shown the resolve of a unified pilot group. The security training debacle is a good example of that.

I believe that the cost of continuing along this course has been deemed too great by the bean counters on the second floor, especially with summer coming up and the economic forecasts for 2009. They were warned that the NMB wasn't going to allow them to continue the foot dragging forever and that we would eventually be released to self help. I think they want to get this stuff behind them as badly as we do and get everyone moving in the same direction. Whether it happens and we ratify anything is another matter...we'll all just have to wait another week or so for actual numbers and language.

This is all just my opinion of course, but I think many of us have been too close to this and have lived it every day to take an objective look back. When you do, it seems (at least to me) that we've done a pretty good job of staying the course and getting the desired results.

I'm hopeful, though somewhat skeptical, that we see an equitable contract.

CP

If the rumor of mid $170's/hr for the captains is true, it's not going to be pretty. We'll have to wait and see the whole package.

If the rumor of mid $170's/hr for the captains is true, it's not going to be pretty. We'll have to wait and see the whole package.

I heard the "number" would have a '7' in it and it would be at the high end...So $175.01?

I'd like to hear f/o pay caps though!

Baja.

On the Capt side I keep hearing 170 something and pre-kasher at the end of the contract. Nobody seems to know about the Fo's. - (The one's that took the biggest cuts in 05')

Don't pull "an Airtran." The Captains got pretty good raises and the FOs got little ones, and were told that upgrade wasn't that far away. Then, the wheels stopped.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I figure an upgrade is years in the future. We will be on our next contract before captain pay affects me. The f/o's are the one's who need the decent pay raise since that's the payscale for a while-and as was said, f/o's took the biggest hit. I'd just like to see the numbers as well as the rest of the package.

Latest resources

Back