• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska Airlines Pilots Reach an Agreement in Concept on a New Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He'll be on everyone's no-fly list when/if he upgrades.
Once nobody wants to fly with him, he'll have to either downgrade or just leave the company.

Yeah, right. That would happen. First of all, I will be the "funnest" Captain out there, and I will offer free cokes and peanuts to EVERY FO I have while we are flying. I will do every 5th walkaround. I will try to show up to the plane with ATLEAST 5 minutes to go before push. I will only do uniform "inspections" at the beginning and end of the trip. I will not complain if you are not wearing a Jos A Banks type shirt on the layover dinner (they are so soft, and expensive!). You don't have to wear the hat all of the time (when not wearing it though, you must be holding it). It will be a BLAST! The "Funnest"4 days EVER!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Could our mismanagers be stirring up something, to the effect of investing in Virgin America? Hmmmmmmm....

Or we buy Airtran and make a run on the ATL. All I know is something is going on here and it's not as simple as everyone getting contracts signed.

Or we buy Airtran and make a run on the ATL. All I know is something is going on here and it's not as simple as everyone getting contracts signed.

Yeah, that's the ticket..... Anyway, that wouldn't make sense since you just became our major codeshare partner in SEA for our future Asia expansion there. Sounds more like you will be assimilated into the borg.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General...

Once you absorb AS, you'll have $7.2B in the bank!

AL buying AAI is more likely then selling out to DAL. Alaska is a very proud company. I would be very suprised if they would want to be the purchased airline. DAL would have a reason to be worried if AL and AAI merged. That would be a very, very strong company.

AL buying AAI is more likely then selling out to DAL. Alaska is a very proud company. I would be very suprised if they would want to be the purchased airline. DAL would have a reason to be worried if AL and AAI merged. That would be a very, very strong company.

Really? It's more LIKELY? Where do you come up with that? I guess you didn't hear that AK and DL already set up a fairly large code share agreement that gives AK exclusive feed rights to our future LARGER SEA hub. Eventual plans include a lot more flights to Asia etc, and that could be delayed a bit, but eventually it will happen. AAI does go to SEA, in the Summertime. I guess I see your logic....? And I am glad AK is a PROUD Company. They have been too proud until recently to pay their people well. They let that go in the last week to their pilots and stews. Do you think that could mean they would give up everything else to a merger? Maybe.....

The key here is that there is very little overlap in routes. (Just like the DL/NWA merger) That means very little opposition in GOV'T. We don't have a West Coast operation up and down the coast, and AK could fill that in. IF UAL and CAL are driving towards a merger, we would have to compete with UAL's current West Coast ops.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Yeah but if you merged with AirTran, you would have to take that Eskimo off the tail and put on a picture of Buckwheat. Otay!

Latest resources

Back