AirTran thoughts on Kelly's Disposal of SL10

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Riding the Pine

Thanks. I went and looked it up after I received Scoreboard's "answer".

regards,
Fr8-

That might be flying the pine, or flying the desk...more modern expressions.

Riding the pine is a reference my Grandpa used to use in reference to sports as in if you weren't in the game, you were on the bench ie riding the pine.

I guess nowadays it should be riding the aluminum!

Which again shows your inexperience-
This is old time airline pilot knowledge- make your decisions as well as you can on quality of the business and it's leaders- NOT on contracts or domiciles- bc those will change(!)

So you went to SWA when they had NO pension retirement, no retiree medical, and substandard pay even for a 737 because you knew all the majors were going to go the BK route over the next 20 years and you would default into the best narrow body pilot position?

I guess did you also at that time buy WALMART stock and sell Montgomery Wards stock?

I agree that nothing is absolute but to tell an Airtran guy that he should have forseen an ATL displacement is a little disingenuous.

What company will be rocking it in 2020, I want to plan accordingly.
Aloha,
LUV

If you did not sign up for VA benefits prior to 2003 no VA benefits are available for any veteran unless you have an injury that was service connected. Ever since I was discharged back in 1978 I was under the impression I could sign up for VA benefits but I was always employed and had medical insurance. The time came when I did need VA benefits ( medical) recentlly and I applied for VA Benefits. VA sent me a form letter that stated if I had not signed up prior to 2003 no VA Benefits would be available to me.

If you did not sign up for VA benefits prior to 2003 no VA benefits are available for any veteran unless you have an injury that was service connected. Ever since I was discharged back in 1978 I was under the impression I could sign up for VA benefits but I was always employed and had medical insurance. The time came when I did need VA benefits ( medical) recentlly and I applied for VA Benefits. VA sent me a form letter that stated if I had not signed up prior to 2003 no VA Benefits would be available to me.

Jesus your old. I learned how to ride a bike in 1978!

Boys boys can you you not play nice and respect one another!
Wait till the big announcement and then comment - the foolish rants are very juvenile and do you as professional pilots and actually persons a very disservice
grow up and make better of your lives

"FAT pilots"

"RSW pilots"

WHY would you want to use such divisive terms , as opposed to trying to remain politically null, or ( Heaven forbid ) maybe use terms that might foster a little unity?

Whine

Actually I'm a RAT.

All that has been fostered over here is a "don't give a crap anymore" attitude.
That is the fault of management not SWAPA or ALPA.

Latest resources

Back