• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran pilots will own the SW upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We needed 1700 of the finest pilots in aviation (sans their airplanes) oh you had 737 options, we needed those too...

Hmmmmm, if this was such common knowledge, GK was hoodwinked by FL mgmt. If we were in such bad shape, why cause such turmoil to the precious culture when we could have just withered on the vine? Kind of a rhetorical question I know as all you WN guys are asking the same thing.

:crying::laugh:

You will find many more FL pilots have a better handle on the golden rule than OSW pilots. I'm very comfortable with the idea of treating pilots of another merger the way I'd like to have been treated, knowing full well I won't get anything out of the deal and most likely lose.

The last AT guy I flew said "The next airline we buy better get at least as big of a screw job as we got..." I think that's a lot closer to the sentiment I hear. All anyone really does is look out for #1, no matter who they work for. If you want to give away your seniority to be "fair", I'd respectfully argue you're full of it.

The last AT guy I flew said "The next airline we buy better get at least as big of a screw job as we got..." I think that's a lot closer to the sentiment I hear. All anyone really does is look out for #1, no matter who they work for. If you want to give away your seniority to be "fair", I'd respectfully argue you're full of it.

Well, THERE you have it; one guy's opinion makes it so. :rolleyes:

I know that when AirTran made its initial offer for Midwest, there was a lot of talk on the line about what a SLI should look like. 90% of the guys I flew with (FO's) thought that it should result in as little disruption as possible. Nobody said that we should try to get their CA seats, and that's based on a pretty large sample of Pilots.

Oops"...........................

Last edited:
Not true. We were running 2 upgrade classes a month for at least 3 1/2 years in the midst of the acquisition possibility. Upgrading wasn't a huge concern. We weren't stagnated as SWA was during their acquisition of AT.

I remember thinking we should make it as fair as possible, and for me that was relative seniority. At least something to that affect. My opinion on this matter has changed drastically after the SWA/AT deal. Mostly how it was handled. Not cool. Taught me a valuable lesson. I won't be fooled again…oh no.

Just got this info from the school house this week. I don't know if this has been posted yet but we were told that the AirTran 717 Capt's will have to undergo 6 weeks of training and be held to the same standard as the new hires off the street for type rating purposes. They'll get typed and then hit the line for 25 hours of IOE. Training was asking for 100 hrs but that was rejected. Once successfully completed they will go back for the full 3 week captain upgrade course. That's 2+ months in Dallas not counting the IOE time.

Not true. We were running 2 upgrade classes a month for at least 3 1/2 years in the midst of the acquisition possibility. Upgrading wasn't a huge concern. We weren't stagnated as SWA was during their acquisition of AT.

I remember thinking we should make it as fair as possible, and for me that was relative seniority. At least something to that affect. My opinion on this matter has changed drastically after the SWA/AT deal. Mostly how it was handled. Not cool. Taught me a valuable lesson. I won't be fooled again?oh no.

So basically double everyones years of service at AirTran . That would give you your seniority at SWA

Not sure why they did not do that . It seems fair to me :)

Sidebar. SWA was not growing because the CEO was right sizing the airline for merger .

Latest resources

Back