Airtran Pilots Want ALPA=WHY?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
go ask all the ASA blah . . . blah . . . blah

Scarlet, after reading your idiotic rantings for well-over a year now, I have to ask:

Do you really think anyone on here gives a rat's ass what you think, or that even one person would change their opinion based upon your nonsensical, semi-hysterical and completely illogical posts?

Stop wasting bandwidth, fool!

Last edited:
Everyone cares what you think TY!!!

So the question was ALPA WHY, and the 3 million in the bank goes where? STILL NO ANSWER ??

Just typical Americans, believe in something but can not answer the major questions.
ASK
MESA you guys happy with ALPA
USAIR=already answered
TWA guys were you guys happy how ALPA helped you?
CAL=how is that PRATER Contract?
DAL=how Sen. work out/RJ give away?
United=HAppy with ALpA?
Pinnacle=Happy with ALPA? how long now no contract?
ASA=Happy with ALPA
COMAIR=I think we know=Happy?

It is a VALID question !!

So the question was ALPA WHY, and the 3 million in the bank goes where? STILL NO ANSWER ??

That will be decided as part of the merger process, and will be negotiated into the merger agreement; it's not some big secret.

If you'd quit running your man-pleaser and attend a couple of the meetings . . . and (GASP!) get educated, perhaps you wouldn't sound like such an idiot on these boards, and people might actually respond to your posts with something other than a dick-slapping.

Just a thought . . . :rolleyes:

Just typical Americans, believe in something but can not answer the major questions.
ASK
MESA you guys happy with ALPA
USAIR=already answered
TWA guys were you guys happy how ALPA helped you?
CAL=how is that PRATER Contract?
DAL=how Sen. work out/RJ give away?
United=HAppy with ALpA?
Pinnacle=Happy with ALPA? how long now no contract?
ASA=Happy with ALPA
COMAIR=I think we know=Happy?

It is a VALID question !!
What the HELL are you talking about? Pilots will find fault with the unions when things get bad and disregard the union when times are good. Did ALPA have anything to do with American buying TWA, did ALPA have anything to do with US Airways, Delta, United, ATA, ALOHA, Independence Air, and Northwest going into Bankruptcy? Hell no! Your anger is being thrown the wrong direction. All of these things came about as a result of PISS POOR MANAGEMENT! Imagine what would have happened to these carriers pilot contracts had they not had union representation. Get your ASS over to a ALPA road show and they will answer your questions. All of the questions you have asked on this board, they have answered at the road shows.

What the HELL are you talking about? Pilots will find fault with the unions when things get bad and disregard the union when times are good. Did ALPA have anything to do with American buying TWA, did ALPA have anything to do with US Airways, Delta, United, ATA, ALOHA, Independence Air, and Northwest going into Bankruptcy? Hell no! Your anger is being thrown the wrong direction. All of these things came about as a result of PISS POOR MANAGEMENT! Imagine what would have happened to these carriers pilot contracts had they not had union representation. Get your ASS over to a ALPA road show and they will answer your questions. All of the questions you have asked on this board, they have answered at the road shows.

You are exactly right. ALPA can't solve everything, but without them we would be way worse off. Simple as that.

Pilots flying for Airtransvestite hate being called Valujet. Airtan is still Valujet. Valujet put on a dress and now call themselves Airtran. Alpa will solve your problems. Kind of like what they are doing at Spirit.
Good luck trannies.

M

It's all up to the local and the pilot group

Having been at both ALPA and Teamsters, I can state with absolute certainty the most important thing is the quality of the people you elect to your local. Their leadership and how united your pilot group is will determine your future.

If the culture of the pilot group is "all about me", then look for a contract that protects a few at the expense of many. If the culture is one of taking care of the junior guys then you will have a contract that actually protects every pilot.

Good luck, because every contract either raises the collective bar or lowers it. I genuinely wish you good luck in doing the right thing, and fighting for what is right.

What the HELL are you talking about?

You will soon find out.

Did ALPA have anything to do with American buying TWA, did ALPA have anything to do with US Airways, Delta, United, ATA, ALOHA, Independence Air, and Northwest going into Bankruptcy?

No, but I guarantee you ALPA's handling of the situations you mention were geared to help....ALPA! ALPA looks out for ALPA, and ALPA reps tend to look out for their positions, because they don't want to go back to flying the line under the piss poor contracts they've negotiated. You'll see.

Get your ASS over to a ALPA road show and they will answer your questions. All of the questions you have asked on this board, they have answered at the road shows.

Yeah!!! You tell 'em! You want to know how great ALPA is, then just get your ASS on over to an ALPA roadshow, sip a "free" soda, have some "free" pizza, and let their recruiters tell you how great ALPA is. By the way, ALPA has recruiters that make more than your Captains. True story, since this was all disclosed in the process of kicking ALPA's ass off our property before they did any more damage.

Good luck to ya!

You will soon find out.

No, but I guarantee you ALPA's handling of the situations you mention were geared to help....ALPA! ALPA looks out for ALPA, and ALPA reps tend to look out for their positions, because they don't want to go back to flying the line under the piss poor contracts they've negotiated. You'll see.

Yeah!!! You tell 'em! You want to know how great ALPA is, then just get your ASS on over to an ALPA roadshow, sip a "free" soda, have some "free" pizza, and let their recruiters tell you how great ALPA is. By the way, ALPA has recruiters that make more than your Captains. True story, since this was all disclosed in the process of kicking ALPA's ass off our property before they did any more damage.

Good luck to ya!
See, you are beginning to show your ignorance! I was a member of ALPA at a major carrier. I know what ALPA is all about. ALPA is not perfect and will not solve all of our problems. ALPA has more resources to offer than our current in house union. By the way, been to one of the roadshows as I mentioned above and they have answered a lot of questions the gentleman above has been asking.

Latest resources

Back