• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Pilots Want ALPA=WHY?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If it means anything, all the intelligent posters on here seem pro Alpa and the morons are bashing it.
ALPA brings a lot of resources to the table that NPA doesn't have. Like any airline, it's what the people do with it. Simple fact is, I would guess the same people will be active in the Union whether it's NPA or ALPA. Just that with ALPA, as I said, they will have a much bigger tool bag.

What will ALPA's response be to the several hundred Scabs you guys have???

We don't have several hundred scabs sh!thead. Get your facts straight. The few we do have will likely be treated like the ones at CAL, also an ALPA carrier. Go stir someone else's pot.

From my perspective:

ALPA offers us
- real lawyers who have experience with contract negotiations, holding the company accountable for violating status quo, making sure grievance process altually takes place...
- lawyers who know how to deal with the FAA when a pilots livelihood (certificate) is challenged
- Loss of medical insurance.
- loss of license insurance

NPA offers us
- a lawyer who couldn't fight her way out of a wet paper bag.
- A grievance process that is completely broke and allows the Company to stonewall and deny everything
- No loss of license insurance
- no loss of med insurance
- Those of us familiar with how the FAA can behave have to hire a 3rd party (usually AOPA legal) just to make sure we will have legal rep if our cert is ever challanged.
- some real entertaining infighting and petty bickering...

ALPA offers us
- real lawyers who have experience with contract negotiations, holding the company accountable for violating status quo, making sure grievance process altually takes place...
- lawyers who know how to deal with the FAA when a pilots livelihood (certificate) is challenged
- Loss of medical insurance.
- loss of license insurance

NPA offers us
- a lawyer who couldn't fight her way out of a wet paper bag.
- A grievance process that is completely broke and allows the Company to stonewall and deny everything
- No loss of license insurance
- no loss of med insurance
- Those of us familiar with how the FAA can behave have to hire a 3rd party (usually AOPA legal) just to make sure we will have legal rep if our cert is ever challanged.
- some real entertaining infighting and petty bickering...

sounds like you need Insurance...=harverywatt.com

Actual lawyers that hold the company accountable=Just as ALPA attorneys have for United, CAL, TWA, Midwest= OK I would say that ALPA really gave it to Midwest!

I will attend and ask them about the 3 million we have in the bank, and what did they do for Midwest guys,(oh that is right the MEC supported MGT.??) or for the UAL,CAL guys right now=NOTHING but I will listen.

What committee do you sit on and volunteer your time with the current union?

ALPA is just going to be all fix all?

go ask all the ASA guys how long it took ASA and ALPA to work through the grievance process=yes 18 months. There are enough ASA guys here to tell you!

Or about 6 years of nothing, and alot of guys left and then lost the 15K bonus. (some left just a day behind getting the 15k, then furloughed at their next carrier. Thanks ALPA

Latest resources

Back