Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Pilots, Informational Picketing!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not defending anyone here, but let me say this...

I was one of the volunteers making calls trying to sign pilots up for picketing. The overall response was embarrassing. Granted this was months before the TA was released, but that's still a poor excuse.

Until this pilot group decides to get off it's lazy ass, expect nothing to change.

Signed up a few weeks ago and even got an email back from the committee chairman. It was the same day I sent the BoD and NC some inputs on the TA for July mediation session. I heard back from two of the Board members. Some dialogue does take place between the NPA leadership and joe line swine.

I'm not defending anyone here, but let me say this...

I was one of the volunteers making calls trying to sign pilots up for picketing. The overall response was embarrassing. Granted this was months before the TA was released, but that's still a poor excuse.

Until this pilot group decides to get off it's lazy ass, expect nothing to change.

I think some of us were scratching our heads - It sure seemed at that time that talk of informational picketing was jumping the gun a bit.
Now management has got one ticked off pilot group. I just hope they realize it and come to the table.

NO CONCESSIONS!

Signed up a few weeks ago and even got an email back from the committee chairman. It was the same day I sent the BoD and NC some inputs on the TA for July mediation session. I heard back from two of the Board members. Some dialogue does take place between the NPA leadership and joe line swine.

I sent some inputs to Allen and the NC via the email addresses contained in the NPA update emails. I did not even receive acknowledgement of receipt of my inputs - typical.
After giving Allen 2 weeks to respond, I sought out and signed a recall petition.

In what way was it embarrassing? Did you have guys telling you that they wouldn't picket or did you just not get in touch with a lot of them?

Someone left me a voicemail around the time the phone calls were supposedly going out but whoever it was only left his first name and a phone number to return the call. Don't know if that was you guys but I'd hope you'd leave a more informative voicemail if you expect a return call.

I may be wrong here, but if AP was recalled and removed, wouldn't this put MS in his place? Maybe you better recall MS first.

Looks like FLB's gone hiding back under his rock, which is what he does best & where he is safe (& silent). Hopefully, he will stay there but, just as hopefully, he will resign (before getting recalled). Oh, and he can't say why he voted in favor cause that would involve revealing what he got for it.

FLB didn't get ANYTHING for voting yes... Seriously... Do you *really* think the company would put themselves in that indefensible legal position?

The following is my OPINION since we did NOT discuss this EVER in any meeting(s).

My money would be that the NC didn't do a good job explaining the T.A. to the BoD when it came out and, likely, avoided explaining ALL the negatives which, combined with the "appearance" of looking like it met the Wilson Polling data plus the mediocre response/support of the pilot group for the info picketing (which really was rolled out poorly) and lack of pilots at BoD meetings, picnic, etc (making it look like they had no support), resulted in a "yes" vote.

As far as what happens if AP is recalled, read your bylaws. It's downloadable under the member section of the NPA website. EVERYONE who works here needs to understand how it works, as it's quite different in some specific areas than the ALPA bylaws.

Last edited:
My money would be that the NC didn't do a good job explaining the T.A. to the BoD when it came out .

That's why the BOD should have immediately replaced the NC. Because they didn't, they have become as worthless and as irrelevant as the NC and, therefore, need to go. Instead we have this genius spouting off about his useless theoretical experience. Aggravating.

P.S. The company's Christmas fubar was also "indefensible," ya know. So, yes, I *really* do think... because the company also knows this useful idiot (+5 others) can be easily manipulated... however "indefensible" the company's next action might be.

P.P.S. Not knowing on what he was voting and/or taking someone's word for it is hardly an excuse. Let's see... "I voted in favor because the NC told me it was a good deal." Are you saying THIS should be defensible?

Latest resources

Back