Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Pilots, Informational Picketing!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Since this thing got bumped up I thought I would pass along what I've heard. MS was in the crew room today and he said that only 30 (or so) pilots signed up for informational picketing.

Unfortunately, that doesn't go a long way to give the NPA confidence that we'll back them up if they needed to make a move.

Since this thing got bumped up I thought I would pass along what I've heard. MS was in the crew room today and he said that only 30 (or so) pilots signed up for informational picketing.

Unfortunately, that doesn't go a long way to give the NPA confidence that we'll back them up if they needed to make a move.

You trust MS? HA!

There were less than 100 who signed up for informational picketing BEFORE the T.A. came out.

That number is over 100 last I heard, and that's without even an "official" request for it.

Once they pick out a place, date, and time, and put out an official request for it, the reasoning behind it, and give people an adequate chance to respond, I believe those numbers will grow exponentially.

You'd think our NPA guys who'd been up to the ALPA Leadership training sessions in Herndon would have a better sense of how to motivate our pilot group...

You'd think our NPA guys who'd been up to the ALPA Leadership training sessions in Herndon would have a better sense of how to motivate our pilot group...

Well, in their defense, the ALPA Leadership Conference isn't exactly what it sounds like. There isn't actually any "leadership training." The conference actually focuses on ALPA's structure, the grievance system, the legal department, etc... Actual discussions of how to properly motivate and lead pilots aren't part of the training. You only achieve those skills through experience as a rep over time. This lacking in the Leadership Conference is something that many of us have brought up, but the problem is one of time and money. There's just not enough time and money to focus on that when the basics need to be covered also. Maybe when dues revenue picks up in the next few years...

Also, I'm not sure that any of the NPA reps have been to any ALPA Leadership Conferences. These conferences are usually limited to actual ALPA reps. NPA reps have been invited to other ALPA events, however.

I thought it was one of the things we were paying for when our NPA guys went up to Herndon for "training"...

Maybe it was just the negotiating courses.

I thought it was one of the things we were paying for when our NPA guys went up to Herndon for "training"...

Maybe it was just the negotiating courses.

Well, we've seen the benefit of that course, or, at least, Allen's interpretation of it. Maybe it's time for a Teamster . . . . Oops, was I thinking out loud again?
:eek:

Last edited:
Well, we've seen the benefit of that course, or, at least, Allen's interpretation of it. Maybe it's time for a Teamster . . . . Oops, was I thinking out loud again?
:eek:

Ty-

You got allot on your plate. From this TA, to trying to fit a Guild into your reality to wondering if the status quo is fine or teamsters is the way to go....

Rezfully Yours....

Latest resources

Back