• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Pilots Fired!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For those that are still wondering what "terminated" means... If it were my job on the line, I would have been on the phone with AT clarifying the lingo, rather than getting my info from an airline forum. Somebody overthere must have the info, right??

Guys - FWIW

In my little Company I asked my fellow partners to boycott AirTran. Most of our employees are general aviation pilots and follow the industry. They agreed and for now on, our firm will divert our $50,000 or so we were paying AirTran annually.

It isn't much, but I just hate to reward management teams that pull garbage like this with our business.

What a absolute bunch of jerks!!!!
How can these retread instructors even be so selfish to keep these positions!!!!!!!!!( If you research most of these individuals history, it makes perfect sense)

Well if you had to pay for 3 ex-wives, 4 kids from the ex-wives, a boat, 2 houses, a Tahoe, and a Z06 youd want to keep your job, too.

Cuz that's what he does. With. Everything.

Mostly yes... however, I am discussing the DLR vs SH VH frontman issue on another thread...

I simply choose to discuss limited topics: mostly sociopolitical issues....

The reason why I discuss ALPA so much is because that is the name of our self representation and democratic rule. It is the democracy of Air Line Pilots. We can rid ourselves of ALPA, NPA, IPA, IBT, SWAPA, CAPA, APA et al, and call our self representation whatever we want... hence "self rule". That is the beauty of it... we can do whatever we want... we just have to be smart about it....

Just because we have been Americans for our entire lives doesn't mean we are effective democratic citizens. The label doesn't mean good practice...

The time, energy, patience and realism that it takes to be a democratically effective member of a pilot union seems to be too much for too many. For whatever reason....

Thus, many if not most pilots reject democracy (in their careers and public life) simply because they are not good at it... and of course... their reasoning is NOT because they're poor union members, its because they are not satisfied with the performance of 'their' leaders.

Ironically they didn't bother to vote for those who are doing a poor job. Whether that perception of a poor job is real or not. One could argue since most are poor members they don't have a way to measure performance...

So instead of being effecting members of democracy, most pilots will operate on a "fly my trip and go home" only to deal with each "crisis" uneducated, unprepared and at the whim of others who control their fate. Of course they are opinionated, but they are not not in control of what they could control had they invested in democracy.

Last edited:
Could someone please post a WARN notice letter sent from another airline (Midwest, CAL, etc.)? I'm curious to compare the wording from theirs to ours.
Thanks & good luck to us all.

I would scan mine and post it but its framed next to my award for "Excellence".

Well if you had to pay for 3 ex-wives, 4 kids from the ex-wives, a boat, 2 houses, a Tahoe, and a Z06 youd want to keep your job, too.

That's about it, too. Selfish f****s. This industry turns my stomach anymore. Really.

If someone has been working at a flying job in the industry for 25+ years, through "The Glory Years," the Tahoe should easily be paid for in cash. If not, the boat should never have been purchased to begin with. Multiple ex-wives are a personal issue that shouldn't be factored into the conversation.

So sad. Sorry for all of the AT pilots out there having to deal with this, and all others who have lost their jobs. This is a travesty. Unfortunately, however, as long as management is allowed their bonuses and golden parachutes without any consequences, this will continue. I agree with others who have posted that it's time to make some paramount changes in this industry - starting from the bottom up.

I would scan mine and post it but its framed next to my award for "Excellence".
ROFLMFAO!!!

That's the post of the month, right there...

The funny part is, my termination letter is in a "keepsakes" folder, right beside my "attaboy" letter from Tom Lewis just 2 months prior. :rolleyes:

I was an AirTran cheerleader, much like most of the rest of our pilots, up until Christmas/New Year's 2006/2007 when they started screwing with people.

It's an absolute travesty how much good will they have squandered in this pilot group.

For those that are still wondering what "terminated" means... If it were my job on the line, I would have been on the phone with AT clarifying the lingo, rather than getting my info from an airline forum. Somebody overthere must have the info, right??

How is boycotting a faltering operation going to help the pilots there keep their jobs? Would that not only make more of them lose out?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back