AirTran Pilots Fired!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where is PFT_128 on this issue?

I've made my opinions quite clear on all of this: not one nickel, not one job. They can threaten whatever they want, but we ain't caving. In the end, I think this is nothing but a bluff. They're trying to use some leverage to force us into concessions. It won't work.

If they don't bring back those trained Mgt are fools that is a lot of money going out the door.
Depends... on how long they're out, truthfully.

FAR 121 training manuals specify how much training a pilot has to have to return to the line, dependent on how long they've been out.

6 months up to a year requires nothing but a standard PC and recurrent ground.

More than 1 year, but less than two requires recurrent ground and several sim sessions (depends on carrier and authorization letter), followed by a normal PC.

More than 2 years requires FULL INITIAL TRAINING. Period.

If management is planning on furloughs lasting 2-3 years (which is pretty much what is going around the rumor mill), then it makes no difference if they bring back previously furloughed pilots or not; training cost is the same. Only difference is how much they spend on recruiting and interviewing for those 177 pilots.

Not to mention the money that can't be quantified in having pilots scared during Section 6 negotiations, getting everyone's mind off the ball and on some other subject.

Masterfully played from down on Airways Blvd. Personally, if I was getting ready to be laid off/terminated, I don't think I'd be mentally fit for duty, unable to concentrate due to the massive upheaval in my ability to feed, shelter, and clothe my children, and would be illegal to work per FAR's as "unfit for duty".

I wouldn't want to jeopardize my passengers, my fellow crewmembers, or my airline in that fashion.

I guess you guys could hope that your management team has some bad oysters and gets a terminal case of Spondivitis!!!!! Send your non-SL sim instructors over there for lunch as well.

good luck

I can't believe this is happening at what's considered "mainline".....i.e. the "last airline you'll work for".

If it happens at a regional, then that's just one of the many final satisfactions you have when you leave, knowing all that BS is in the past. But this can't be a good thing for the moral of those that are lucky enough to stay. Not a proud moment.

I've read most of the posts, but I haven't found out what Mgmt gains thats more than the negatives associated.

This is a declaration of war by management.
Are we gonna duck for cover or fire back?

The scabs on your list have already shown you what they will do.

SCABS are cancer and should always be treated as such. All of those who aren't old enough to have been through a strike and have been giving them the benefit of doubt, pay attention. The next back stabbed could be yours.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back