AirTran Pilots Fired!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ty-

The problem is there is no money to strike. In house unions don't have it. It is what it is...

Good luck to all of us!

Rez, why spin this into an ALPA thing?!?

I am not... my point is other posters on this thread have talked about the NPA negotiating....

Where is the leverage? The RLA mandates the pilots to work. The NPA can't strike for any length of time. Management knows this and is not motivated to negotiate... there is no fear factor..

The only effective way is a grassroots movement of the FL pilots reaching critical mass....(ASA pilots last year.. UAL pilots in 2000). I think the FL pilots can do it.. and when they do then the NPA can work with management... but negotiations are not really pragmatic...

Its collective civil disobedience initiated individually..

If AirTran was in ALPA, they wouldn't be having any of these problems.

ALPA certainly did wonders for USAIR/AmericaWest.

Of course, no ALPA carrier pilot had to bend over and take it after 9-11 either.

Does ALPA have good dental coverage? Want to find out?

Yeah, that's right . . . Let's see, we have pilots on our seniority list from AA, UAL, TWA, ATA, NWA, DAL, Sun Country, Midwest, Emory, Midway, Vanguard, and pretty much every regional and cargo airline out there, and none of us have any balls :rolleyes:

Here's a great idea, Sport- why don't you come over to Concourse C and make your pronouncement? I'll even arrange for you to have a PA mike in your hand. I'm betting we'll be wearing your balls . . . . as footwear. :laugh:

This Saturday work for you? It works for me.

Ty

Don't forget EAL ...

Yeah ASA got the attention last year, I remember being 25 on the list to get MX to our aircraft 2.5 hours later.....I believe I saw both engines running and the apu(have to have cool air for the elderly)while planes were taxiing...I believe the taxi speed was a brisk walk.....Yeah about 6-9 days of that and the company said oh yeah=the employees run this airline not management!!
Not to mention the sick calls...

Yeah as a newhire at Airtran=the mgt team tells you how great they are?

Age 65 really screwed the airlines again. top pay pilots for another 5 years=real smart !!

Latest resources

Back