• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Pilots Fired!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am not... my point is other posters on this thread have talked about the NPA negotiating....

Where is the leverage? The RLA mandates the pilots to work. The NPA can't strike for any length of time. Management knows this and is not motivated to negotiate... there is no fear factor..

The only effective way is a grassroots movement of the FL pilots reaching critical mass....(ASA pilots last year.. UAL pilots in 2000). I think the FL pilots can do it.. and when they do then the NPA can work with management... but negotiations are not really pragmatic...

Its collective civil disobedience initiated individually..

REZ,

In your scenerio, this would apply to every unionized carrier in the nation. You are correct, the mediation board does not favor labor currently. However, if NPA was able to obtain release for self-help that company could not withstand a two day strike. Not in the current operating environment.

If their management is worth even half their pay, they'd know this. I think that the NPA should constantly push for release since management has already started negotiating in very bad, disgusting faith. They can prove this to the mediator by explaining the new 177-180 contract hostages the company is trying to take.

REZ,

In your scenerio, this would apply to every unionized carrier in the nation. You are correct, the mediation board does not favor labor currently.

This true... and an even more reason for the NPA and FL pilots to be politically connected. They simply are not.

With the current Admin and McCain... getting released from the nmb.gov is close to impossible. It is effecting us all..

Can you say Obama?

The next POTUS will appoint nmb members, judges, DOL policy and open skies policy to name a few..

Throw in DHS and immigration policy (foreign labor) and we all can be in trouble..

However, if NPA was able to obtain release for self-help that company could not withstand a two day strike. Not in the current operating environment.

Nor could the NPA. They'll run out of cash. So, if the NPA had the money they would be even more leveraged in this "oil crisis" environment.

If their management is worth even half their pay, they'd know this. I think that the NPA should constantly push for release since management has already started negotiating in very bad, disgusting faith.

Mgmnt knows the NPA can't strike so it isn't worried about not be able to financially weather one themselves..

They can prove this to the mediator by explaining the new 177-180 contract hostages the company is trying to take.

ALPA is irrelevant for the FL pilots. What matters is what pragmatic choices the FL pilots have.... start from there... work from there...

Fight for your new hires... if you don't then your unity will crumble and management will force cliques to divide and conquer. You need to rally to unify around something.. that something is the new hires.

Last edited:
Ty-

The problem is there is no money to strike. In house unions don't have it. It is what it is...

Good luck to all of us!

LOL!

Strike?

So when has ALPA EVER executed the so called 'nuclear option'? (that's exactly what a strike would be in our current economic environment).

Now you want NPA to do it?!

You ALPA goofs crack me up.

Do you think a lot of them would cross the picket line, if there was a strike?

The senior guys absolutely. The more junior pilots, Capts and FO"s alike, would probably honor the strike. The original guys, not a chance in hell.

Could someone please post a WARN notice letter sent from another airline (Midwest, CAL, etc.)? I'm curious to compare the wording from theirs to ours.
Thanks & good luck to us all.

Latest resources

Back