• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Pay Rates??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry to bite on this flame bait but insensitive jerks like G100 piss me off.If you dont have something decent to say about the fine company I work for (and a lot of other nice folks on this board either work or would like to work)then shut the hell up.Thank God I dont have to fly with people your attitude.Go to charm school buddy.Good luck to all.

G100 driver [B]I am suprised that the pay rates at AirTran were as good as a they are considering that a large number of pilots there are Eastern SCABS that PFT'D at Value Jet because no one would touch them. said:
Yawn. What a pathetic puddle of puke you must be. Valujet was a long time ago. Quit living in the past.

I am not trying to throw flames here, but I just do not want to see the industry go the drain and have Value Jet be a good job. .

Regardless of what you want, little man, I guarantee you that working at AirTran is a much better career than what you're doing. I've done both, and I am telling you- you don;t have a clue.

Keep your tie out of the honey bucket, pudknocker.

Last edited:
If you dont have something decent to say about the fine company I work for (and a lot of other nice folks on this board either work or would like to work)then shut the hell up.Thank God I dont have to fly with people your attitude.Go to charm school buddy.Good luck to all.

Like I say. It is now a sad day when we start fighting about the virtues of AirTran (Value Jet). My arguement has very little to do with the pilot group as a whole. I just find it frustrating that AirTran is now this wonderful job. It is an airline started by losers and now we are all excited to go work for a SCAB airline.

How many of you guys started your career saying that you wanted to work for sub-standard pay as well as an airline that has the top of the seniorty list held by SCABS.

I am sure that it is fine place to work now, but .....

G100 driver [B]Like I say. It is now a sad day when we start fighting about the virtues of AirTran (Value Jet). said:
You're the only one fighting here. BTW, it's pretty clear you don;t know much about this company- there isn't much of anything Valujet still here. By September, there won't be a single DC9 left, it'll all be B717 and either Airbus or B737-700/800. Half of the pilots here were hired after the merger.

As for scabs, yep, we've got some. So does every major out there. Name me one that doesn't . . . . and tell me that you are somehow qualified to degrade all the other pilots that work there? Gimme a break. I've read your posts, and you aren't fit to lick the shoes of 95% of the guys on the property here.

My arguement has very little to do with the pilot group as a whole.

I see. So that is why you started off you whole rant by insulting the 800 pilots here.

I just find it frustrating that AirTran is now this wonderful job.

Make that a wonderful job that you can't have.

It is an airline started by losers and now we are all excited to go work for a SCAB airline.

Yawn. And Delta is a former crop-dusting outfit. And United is a former mail and freight carier. What's your point?

How many of you guys started your career saying that you wanted to work for sub-standard pay as well as an airline that has the top of the seniorty list held by SCABS.

How many of us wanted to end up in a corporate jet, holding hands and wiping asses for less than the guys at AirTran are making?

I am sure that it is fine place to work now, but ....

No butts about it, Chief. It's a great place to work. And we'll leave the butts to you. God knows there are enough of them sitting in the back of those corporate jets . . . and apparently, some in the front of 'em, too.

Have a nice life.

Last edited:
How many of us wanted to end up in a corporate jet, holding hands and wiping asses for less than the guys at AirTran are making?

Who said anything about wiping asses and making less than the pilots at AirTran.

Look, I am sorry that I obviosuly offended many of you. That was not my point. My point was what I thought was obvious. Right now AirTran is a "good" airline to work at when 4 years ago many of you would not touch it because all the "majors" were hiring. Now it is the only game in town and a far cry from what we all thought it was to be working for a "major."

Unfortunatly times have changed.

airtran

I'm pretty confident AirTran will be the next major, and I would be very happy to work there; as a matter of fact, I have applied.

Latest resources

Back