AirTran Pay Rates??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
air tran pay rates

With regard to blue dudes post: neither CO nor UA could do anything to get them off the property, that is the difference. The strikes settle and the company puts the pilots back to work. No leeway to pick and choose.

For the rest: Leonard is responsible for violating a boeing directive (as VP of mx.) regarding the removal of engines from pylons on the 10. He saved a few bucks and got a pat on the back. Then he was quietly sacked an went on to a storied career at EA. You don't get it so I will have to be content knowing that someday, unfortunately, you will.

Re: air tran pay rates

yaks said:
With regard to blue dudes post: neither CO nor UA could do anything to get them off the property, that is the difference. The strikes settle and the company puts the pilots back to work. No leeway to pick and choose.

For the rest: Leonard is responsible for violating a boeing directive (as VP of mx.) regarding the removal of engines from pylons on the 10. He saved a few bucks and got a pat on the back. Then he was quietly sacked an went on to a storied career at EA. You don't get it so I will have to be content knowing that someday, unfortunately, you will.

What is there “not to get?” No one is disputing that mistakes were made & lessons learned. If I used YOUR line of reasoning – I could blame Alaska CEO John Kelly for his airline's shady maintenance with "widespread systemic deficiencies" and “risky maintenance practices” that directly led to the failure of a key mechanism in the tail section of the plane. Also, using the very broad brush you are painting with, I could claim that AA’s training dep-t, under the leadership of Don Carty, is to blame “for improper technique for using the rudder to regain control of an airplane in an usual attitude.” Not much of constructive thinking, is there?

“No leeway to pick & choose” – re-inventing a reason to scab now? – just b/c your co isn’t quite bankrupt, as per yaks, folks go ahead & scab – you’re safe – since there is no leeway to pick & choose anyway. BTW, the co was started by scabs, so your own rationalization would apply as there was no “leeway to pick & choose either.” How little do we know for claiming to have been around the block.

I tried to stay out

I had never even heard of Eastern when the strikes and picket lines were crossed. I was still in high school. I could give a rat's a$$! Therefore I have no right to judge their actions. That said, we do have a few dirtbags working with us, and most of them were scabs. They are a shrinking minority. The rest are great guys.

Now for the irony. I was hired in Nov 2001 thanks to pay cuts and deferral of retirement that protected jobs and allowed hiring to continue after 9-11. These horrible scab pilots voted to take action to protect jobs and create more jobs. Huh?

I disagree with your first paragraph. I believe that you not only have a right, you have a responsibility as a professional pilot to inform yourself what did happen at EAL, and yes, to judge the participants. Only by doing so do we have any hope of avoiding a repeat. For the record, I am saddened that my union apparently does not share my opinions, as they had no problem forgiving the CAL scabs and welcoming them back with open arms.

I am very glad that you enjoy your job. Please understand that I am not suggesting you not do so. However, just because something happened before you were in the industry does not imply that all should be forgiven and forgotten. It is a dangerous precedent that may end up biting you someday.

Latest resources

Back