• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran minimum bid schedules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Next SAP 2 I guess I'll just have to send each request 3 or 4 times to make sure they get it...

That's the way we used to do it and I still do. You have to inundate the fax machine and email server. They have to have more work than they can handle. I hope all of you have documented the lack of response with trip still in open time after SAP II closed and grieve it. (i know, i know, not much use but it does add a lot of paperwork for both parties and lets the company know you are aware of the fact that your request was not looked at.) You grieve for the time lost plus add a couple of hours for your time in filling out the grievance paperwork.

PS, i thought this thread was about not picking up any extra flying from open time. that would be a good idea, why pick up flying when you could at least get draft pay to do it?

PS, i thought this thread was about not picking up any extra flying from open time. that would be a good idea, why pick up flying when you could at least get draft pay to do it?

Now, wouldn't that be a refreshing change.....no one picking up any open time in July........Imagine the panic in Orlando (especially between now and the weekend after the 4th)!!!!!

Now, wouldn't that be a refreshing change.....no one picking up any open time in July.

Didn't someone mention a few days ago that you have Capts flying as FO? This is common sense stuff.

Good Luck Guys.

Yup, just got on FLICA and started looking for ALL those trips that were in there last night at 1900 (1 hour after Sap 2 closed).

Out of 6 trips on the 7th that were in there last night after Sap 2, 1 is still there (5 pre-assigned to build-up or reserves).

Out of 7 trips on the 13th that were in there last night after Sap 2, NONE are in there (7 pre-assigned to build-up or reserves).

The list goes on and on, but this deal with Sap absolutely MUST be fixed in the T.A., or I am going to vote No on THAT ONE ISSUE ALONE!!!

This is screwing my QOL, and it's NOT acceptable.

Build up lines

Lear....you know that the build up lines aren't even built until the conclusion of all SAP activities....so these trips haven't been "pre-assigned" to the build up lines. They have been used to "build" the build up lines as intended.

And as far as SAP 2 running slow when processed via e-mail/fax...this is nothing new. It used to run faster but it seems that as we have grown from 800 to 1500 pilots it has slown in a fairly linear manner. I always have my finger on the trigger at noon and it easily takes until 6 PM until I see any movement on my requests....at the best of times it was no better than about 3 or 4 PM.

In addition to the pilot growth issue, crew planning has lost some manpower because of the implementation of FLICA. Simple business economies...automate the job (somewhat) and lay off/redistribute the manpower.

Lear....you know that the build up lines aren't even built until the conclusion of all SAP activities....so these trips haven't been "pre-assigned" to the build up lines. They have been used to "build" the build up lines as intended.
Yes, IF Sap 2 worked as advertised. The problem is that it's not "intended" to work that way. Sap 2 is supposed to have PLENTY of opportunity built-in to have several rounds of swaps so you can improve your schedule.

Instead, they dragged their feet and did almost NOTHING the entire first day (reference multiple posts on here by people who put stuff in that wasn't looked at until the next day), didn't get to mine until 6 hours before cutoff, and I only had 2 chances to try to improve my schedule before Sap 2 ended.

Thus, junior pilots (build-up lineholders) get trips that I wanted and should have been able to grab in Sap 2. That's abrogation of seniority and a failure of the system to work as designed, due to Crew Planning not doing their job, either for staffing issues or just ignoring us in a "we'll get to you when we get to you" scenario.

And as far as SAP 2 running slow when processed via e-mail/fax...this is nothing new. It used to run faster but it seems that as we have grown from 800 to 1500 pilots it has slown in a fairly linear manner. I always have my finger on the trigger at noon and it easily takes until 6 PM until I see any movement on my requests....at the best of times it was no better than about 3 or 4 PM.
Exactly my point. You pull the trigger at 1201. IF they were there starting to process them as they came in, it shouldn't take more than an hour to get through the first 100 requests (how many emails can they possibly get in the first 60 seconds of Sap 2?).

But they don't. They wait... until hours later. I've done the same thing you have the last few months (made sure I was off and submitted at 1201 - this was the first month I didn't do that, didn't seem to matter either way), and have never had one looked at before 4 or 5 p.m. That means you lose the WHOLE FIRST DAY OF SAP 2 and a chance to submit 1 or 2 more that might have a chance of getting approved.

In addition to the pilot growth issue, crew planning has lost some manpower because of the implementation of FLICA. Simple business economies...automate the job (somewhat) and lay off/redistribute the manpower.
Evidently they shouldn't have done that, as we're not *completely* FLICA automated for Planning purposes (Sap 2).

Poor planning on their part is not an acceptable excuse for us to have to live with it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back