• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran minimum bid schedules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My mistake, I thought you were some other d-bag from Midwest or Skyway.

He is. He just likes to pretend that every one of his aliases isn't really him. :rolleyes:

the union pulled SAP2 via FLICA due to the denied low reserve’s thing. However they still deny you trips do to low reserves you jest don’t get told it. So instead of having multiple chances to improve your life you get one. If I need a certain day off I will list all the open trips that I want to swap with and then put at the bottom “or any open 3 (or 4) day trip. Then I go into FLIC on the 28th and swap any unwanted trips out, Flica is more liberal with open time swaps.

Lear....you know that the build up lines aren't even built until the conclusion of all SAP activities....so these trips haven't been "pre-assigned" to the build up lines. They have been used to "build" the build up lines as intended.

And as far as SAP 2 running slow when processed via e-mail/fax...this is nothing new. blah blah blah It used to run faster but it seems that as we have grown from 800 to 1500 pilots it has slown in a fairly linear manner. Yeah, but the extra 700 pilots didn't just show up overnight, and the slowdown was only this month. I always have my finger on the trigger at noon and it easily takes until 6 PM until I see any movement on my requests....at the best of times it was no better than about 3 or 4 PM. Not really, last month there was movement from about 4 until 11 pm. This time there was a little movement at 6 and none after that untul the next day at SAP close.

In addition to the pilot growth issue, crew planning has lost some manpower because of the implementation of FLICA. Simple business economies...automate the job (somewhat) and lay off/redistribute the manpower.

Ok Rico, put down the kool-aid and back away slowly.

Ok Rico, put down the kool-aid and back away slowly.
ROFLMAO! ;)

Seriously Paret, didn't mean that as a slam, just aggravated at the lack of ability to make my schedule "family-friendly".

Incidentally, you guys are being AWFULLY hard on someone who just put a letter out he was asked to draft. The poor guy didn't know any better to cover his six no matter WHO'S back there...

He knows now; guarantee it.

Last edited:
Incidentally, you guys are being AWFULLY hard on someone who just put a letter out he was asked to draft. The poor guy didn't know any better to cover his six no matter WHO'S back there...

He knows now; guarantee it.

I've seen a couple of e-mails from Rico to a pilot here that would make you want to take back that statement.....

Latest resources

Back