• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran minimum bid schedules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, my last flight home leaves about 2115 and the first commute in doesn't land until 0805.

I don't think they're deliberately screwing with us on the pairing construction (although I think they're dragging their feet on SAP because of the T.A. response); I think it's simply a function of fewer pilots on the line to cover the peak summer travel season because more and more guys are quitting. They have to cover those flights with less people, so they're squeezing the pairings.

Happened at my last company using the same software. Fewer people = less commutable trips, higher block (and credit), and fewer "true" days off.

Box score for me on SAP Deux. Two emails reviewed, both denied with asterisks on my screen. Two emails not reviewed. 0-4. Wearing the collar.

Waiting to look at the scraps tomorrow at noon after the Buildup Lines are awarded.

Quote for tomorrow

"Denied. CS: Insufficient Reserves on xx Jul."

Hey, you can't win, if you don't play.

Same here. Big strike-out, and Sap II is over.

I have yet to be awarded ANYTHING on Sap I or II for the last 3 months.

I'll be on right at the noon bell tomorrow trying to swap or just outright drop the uncommutable trips. I'll pick stuff back up over the month as it comes available, or just stay home.

I got one trip in SAP I. Swapped 1-2 Jul for 1-3 Jul. That's pretty much a no brainer. Pickup days/swap trips during intergration. Those trips are red light specials.

I've got two very commutable 4 days on 7-10 Jul and 14-17 Jul. PM me and I'll give you the details if those days work for you. The 7-10 Jul I'll probably put on the trade board if I can't swap it. Working man/woman 26 hour 4 day with PHF, MCO, DCA with the longest layover being 13 hours. I know, a bit too much like work for your liking.

Maybe we can start our own internal SAP 2 to go along with the Healthy AirTran Pilots Group Insurance Plan?

No doubt... I'm not even going to express what I'm thinking about this whole SAP debacle. Useless to do manually, utterly worthless.

I have a 4-day on the 14-17 already I'm trying to swap for 13-16 (start Friday instead of Saturday, need the 17th-19th off).

I also have a 3-day on the 7-9th but it's uncommutable on the front, but worth 22:47. Yeah, no sh*t. I'd rather not burn my own hotel, so was looking for a 4-day starting on the 6th instead since I'd be commuting anyway, so you probably wouldn't be interested.

Will see what tomorrow brings for daily trades.

I want to slide the trip on the 7th to the 8th or 9th. Snowball's chance in he** of that happening on the weekend after the 4th of July but I'll be out there trying.

I confirmed with some union folks that they knew planning was intentionally slowing SAP 2 down to make it nearly impossible to get trips swapped out. Payback they suppose. They're not willing to fight it, rather they want to play osterich and insert heads into the sand.

They might find themselves on the receiving end of their own *payback*.

Unfortunately, our Planners and Schedulers haven't figured that out yet... The same at a lot of other companies with bad employee relationships as well. :(

They might find themselves on the receiving end of their own *payback*.

Well I'm with that. It's pretty obvious that a little game is being played here and with lack of communication from our "leaders" this is all that I can assume. I'll just adjust my own schedule and encourage everyone else to to the same. SAP 3 if need be!

Latest resources

Back