• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC: Whine on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Plenty of former regional guys have intl exp....whats ur point Cappy.
No they don't. Flying to a couple of cities in Mexico doesn't count. Wow, they talked to Monterrey Center, or maybe it was Mazatlan. Flying the WATRS routes, the NAT tracks, a random route to Africa, or deep SA is International. I know, going to Mexico is technically international, but there's nothing challenging about it.

Last edited:
The way you cry like a baby on here is really sad and stooping to phallic insults when u can't make an argument is an insult to the your regional airline ...oh and ur a big *************************

The difference (if there is a difference) is that the pilots who were awarded 717 positions to occupy when they crossed the fence to SW in the transition bid will be displaced out of equipment because their awarded bid position doesn't exist anymore. To my knowledge this has never happened to a SW pilot, getting pushed out the bottom of a base when the company reduces the size of the base is not the same thing. I don't know what, if anything, the SW contract says as far as handling an equipment displacement but I think that's the question.

Let's say that tomorrow SW said they were buying 20 787's, awarded the vacancies and sent a bunch of pilots off to school. Then, after the pilots completed training and flew the planes for a year the company disposed of the 787 fleet and these pilots got displaced from their 787 equipment bid awards and had to go back to the 737. Would these (let's say very senior) pilots have to go back to say, OAK and LAS if those were the only bases available or could they use their seniority to displace more junior pilots to get back to DAL, HOU or wherever? This is the scenario that's being discussed I think but I may be wrong. I don't know if the SW contract says anything because SW only has one aircraft type so it's never happened before until now.
In this case, the pilots would move to where there was one, an opening and two, to where their seniority would hold. So if all the 787 spots moved to OAK, then yes, they would all go to OAK, no matter seniority, and would not be able to move to another domicile until a vacancy existed that they could hold based on their seniority.

Highly unlikely though, first, getting rid of jets without jets to replace them.... While SWA has backed out of markets slowly, they have with rare exception, never walked away. And usually only because they had other bigger fish to fry with the assets at their disposal (SFO and DEN first time closings ring the bell)

In this case, the pilots would move to where there was one, an opening and two, to where their seniority would hold. So if all the 787 spots moved to OAK, then yes, they would all go to OAK, no matter seniority, and would not be able to move to another domicile until a vacancy existed that they could hold based on their seniority.

Highly unlikely though, first, getting rid of jets without jets to replace them.... While SWA has backed out of markets slowly, they have with rare exception, never walked away. And usually only because they had other bigger fish to fry with the assets at their disposal (SFO and DEN first time closings ring the bell)

You mean like closing AVL and HPN on the FL side to expand service in Branson?

The way you cry like a baby on here is really sad and stooping to phallic insults when u can't make an argument is an insult to the your regional airline ...oh and ur a big *************************

His "regional" airline? Is that supposed to be some kind of put down? You do fly for SWA right? U probably don't even see the irony in that do ya?

His "regional" airline? Is that supposed to be some kind of put down? You do fly for SWA right? U probably don't even see the irony in that do ya?

Madjackhole made the mistake of wiping back to front this morning, and now his vagina is painfully infected. Makes him VERY irritable.

Latest resources

Back