• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC CYA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All I can say is the SWA pilots can still hand fly the crap out of the airplane. Fly the automation don't let automation fly you.;)

The older I get, the more automation I like. Hand flying " the crap" out of a 737 is just not that impressive. Sorry to dent your ego.

VNAV hooked up at all. He flew the entire arrival in "control wheel pitch." As a matter of fact he missed every altitude and airspeed by a few feet and a few knots the whole way. Nothing major, a few feet and a few knots either side. I just sat there and scratched my head and thought why? It would have been so much easier and precise in VNAV
Have you used our VNAV? I think if he was with in a few feet and knots of every altitude then he was on par with the VNAV. While I use it as we are supposed to. We do have many that just dont get it or how to operate it smoothly.

All I can say is the SWA pilots can still hand fly the crap out of the airplane. Fly the automation don't let automation fly you.;)

Well, I fly the crap out airplanes too. . . . In fact, I fly so much crap out of these airplanes that, when I land, a little white truck comes over and pumps it all out . . . . That's how much I fly the crap out of the airplane.

:D

Have you used our VNAV? I think if he was with in a few feet and knots of every altitude then he was on par with the VNAV. While I use it as we are supposed to. We do have many that just dont get it or how to operate it smoothly.

I was thinking the same thing. The software sucks, particularly in the '700s. The -800's seem to be better, in my limited experience flying them.

Ironically, the "Classics" rarely need to be touched in VNAV path, other than (obviously) throttle manipulation at the TDs/level offs.

261=246 in the mind of -700 VNAV, which leads to the ATs increasing thrust (too late), with not enough pitch correction, putting you even further above path, VNAV path then disconnects. FWIW, I've never seen one go significantly below path, but they often go above.

I can definitely fly the -700 more accurately than the currently installed VNAV, and often have to.

The older I get, the more automation I like. Hand flying " the crap" out of a 737 is just not that impressive. Sorry to dent your ego.

FletchY AND TYrony,

You guys know what I mean;) No harm to my ego, I hardly have one. Yes I agree with the less work the better. I came from a Highly automated work place before SWA. When I got to SWA my observation was the pilots hand fly the airplane a lot. Geeeezzzzz you guys need to chill;)

Maybe not, but what you are gonna have to work on is grabbing the f/a hand mike and doing your "hero" PA in front of the pax. That is when you know you are a well rounded aviator! Then you strap on the bird and make her dance. If you pass the test, you might be hand selected to fly out of PHX. :)

Problem is that most of those donger's don't understand that grandma is not impressed the with your 2.5 g pull at 35 degrees of bank!!!

Maybe not, but what you are gonna have to work on is grabbing the f/a hand mike and doing your "hero" PA in front of the pax. That is when you know you are a well rounded aviator! Then you strap on the bird and make her dance. If you pass the test, you might be hand selected to fly out of PHX. :)

Problem is that most of those donger's don't understand that grandma is not impressed the with your 2.5 g pull at 35 degrees of bank!!!

That's funny right there, I don't care who ya are. Mebbe I'll bid PHX to make some new friends

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back