• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC CYA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
More proof that the "golden rule" is nothing but a sham at SWA.

Really Howard ?

Go back and read the process agreement. Its in writing. Leave your hindsight in the closet next to your rubber ball gag. Pretend that you believe it was written in good faith. Then compare it to what happened.
You refer to the Process Agreement which said this:

WHEREAS, Southwest Airlines Pilots Association (?SWAPA?), the Air Line Pilots Association (?ALPA?), Southwest and AirTran desire to utilize an alternative process as set forth in this Agreement for the creation of an Integrated Master Seniority List;

What portion wasn't followed?

More proof that the "golden rule" is nothing but a sham at SWA.
They treat me well. They have bent over backwards to help me in my time of need. They pay me well and I like my schedule and benefits. But, if our new contract contained any "the company will make its best effort" type of language I would vote no in a heartbeat. It's an airline, out to make a profit, I sip the kool-aid not gulp it.

The VERY first thing I thought when this agreement came out was I hope they get rid of the 717's before 2015. I'm still not exactly sure why so many SWA guys are pissed about it....

PCL,

Explain to me how you envision "the golden rule" playing out through an SLI process.

Easy, relitive senority .

Jim R. And there number one pilot would flip a coin to see who bids number one. Then work down the list from there .

So basically just take how many years you where at AT and double it. That would be your new senority at SWA.

I left out double double your pay ( in reality it would triple )

That is his version of the golden rule.

Why don't you ask Russ M. about that, since he was the senior manager attending road shows when we were told that the 717s would be staying until lease expiration.
OK, Mr. ALPA EVP know it all, when do you think Richard Anderson told Gary Kelly he would take the B717s off SWA's hands?

Do I need to send you a copy of Frank's PowerPoint slide from the closed August 16, 2011 MEC meeting?

PCL,

Explain to me how you envision "the golden rule" playing out through an SLI process.

It's just a talking point.

Very similiar to try to argue with emotion and feelings, but in reality the facts were there. The 717 was never coming to this side of the fence. I do believe there should have been a re-bid for those on the AAI side.

Well, we've pretty much covered how pilots from each seniority list view it; eventually, we'll see how a neutral observer views it.

That's probably what should have been done from the start.

Last edited:
Easy, relitive senority .

So basically just take how many years you where at AT and double it. That would be your new senority at SWA.

I left out double double your pay ( in reality it would triple )

For a flight attendant, maybe.

For a current AirTran Captain, it's basically a $10K/yr loss until re-upgrade, and then a $30K raise from where you would be at AAI in that same year (2019).

That $30K, btw, is basically in exchange for losing your base, trading commutable trips for non-commutable trips, and starting over as a junior captain, which most of us already did a decade ago.

I don't expect you to see it my way, but every time you trot out that hogwash about us "doubling our pay", I'm obligated to set you straight.

Ty

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back