• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC CYA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny... From what I hear you guys have some real weak sisters as far as flying skills go.

Yeah, we are hearing stories about your HUD cripples, Seems like our sisters have relatives at your place too!

Here we go, now the real mudslinging begins in earnest...

Let the FOQA gatekeepers head this one off at the pass,

Well, to be clear here . . . my intention wasn't to be "ugly", only to give back a little light-hearted humor, which Howard seems to have understood. ;)

Unfortunately, our new brother Kermit is obviously suffering from a case of micro-phallus, a serious condition that, while not grounds for denial of a medical certificate, is still an obviously painful and debilitating condition, as I am sure Mrs. Frog can attest to. :laugh:

Last edited:
Well, to be clear here . . . my intention wasn't to be "ugly", only to give back a little light-hearted humor, which Howard obviously understood. ;)

Unfortunately, our new brother Kermit is obviously suffering from a case of micro-phallus, a serious condition that, while not grounds for denial of a medical certificate, is still an obviously painful and debilitating condition, as I am sure Mrs. Frog can attest to. :laugh:
I'm all for poking a little fun, no harm no foul.

Lets be honest, we all have certain individuals who choose to do things their own way while still technically coloring within the lines.

I flew with a guy recently who chose to fly an entire descend via clearance with no autothrottles or VNAV hooked up at all. He flew the entire arrival in "control wheel pitch." As a matter of fact he missed every altitude and airspeed by a few feet and a few knots the whole way. Nothing major, a few feet and a few knots either side. I just sat there and scratched my head and thought why? It would have been so much easier and precise in VNAV, but to each his own. Nothing in the books prevents you from doing it that way, it just seemed like a lot of work with no real precision. Sometimes the autopilot actually can do it so much better than we are able to.

Well, if you have already mastered VNAV, you leave me no choice. . . . :mad:

Standby for a thermonuclear compilation of "Your Momma so fat" put-downs, starting in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1. .

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:
Well, Howard, if you have already mastered VNAV, you leave me no choice. . . . .

Stand by for some of my best "Your Momma so fat" put-downs, starting in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1. .

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
VNAV mastered, not even close! I'm not sure what version of software you guys are running on that side of the partition, but the version over here was taken from the -200. Nothing is easy or makes a lot of sense. I am still continually in the "what's it doing now?" mode of operation.

All I can say is the SWA pilots can still hand fly the crap out of the airplane. Fly the automation don't let automation fly you.;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back