• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC Chair message.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Air Tran's MEC gambled and lost, end of story.

Yep, now its everyones elses fault. :bawling:

Ok, we get it...The AT MEC screwed the FL group. I'm sure most of the guys won't make the same mistake again, and won't be lining up to join the SWAPA union.

To the AT group, nobody is forcing you to stay at SWA, you do have have several choices:
1. Leave and go to another airline
2. Leave and change jobs
3. Leave and stay home and do nothing

OR JUST GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE AND BE THANKFUL YOU WERE NOT PUT OUT ON THE STREET AND WERE GIVEN THE OPERTUNITY TO APPLY FOR A PILOTS JOB AT SWA - THERE ARE LOTS OF PILOTS OUT THERE WOULD WISH THEY HAD YOUR PROBLEMS AND WERE WORKING FOR SWA.

I would rather be an Airtran pilot than Midwest, Frontier, or back at ASA. A lot of crap happens in the airline industry and getting caught up with SWA isn't that bad. Even if it takes a couple years to sort out.

We have a bunch of dues paying non members here at ATN. And apparently a bunch of people that have quit paying dues altogether. They actually had to put out a message warning people of the consequences. Amazing the number of people I have flown with who said they have stopped automatic withdraw of dues and are not going to send the check.

If they don't send the check, they're going to get fired and lose their SWA seniority number. Not very smart.

To the AT group, nobody is forcing you to stay at SWA, you do have have several choices:
1. Leave and go to another airline
2. Leave and change jobs
3. Leave and stay home and do nothing

OR JUST GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE AND BE THANKFUL YOU WERE NOT PUT OUT ON THE STREET AND WERE GIVEN THE OPERTUNITY TO APPLY FOR A PILOTS JOB AT SWA - THERE ARE LOTS OF PILOTS OUT THERE WOULD WISH THEY HAD YOUR PROBLEMS AND WERE WORKING FOR SWA.

Being put on the street was addressed during the anti-trust Senate subcommittee hearings but thanks for your concern. I completely agree with the rest of your statement. Our worst day at SWA post announcement is still going to be better than almost any other airline's best day, under the current conditions and contracts. I see DAL as the only other airline that isn't in the toilet morale wise. Even after their last contract and merger.

-I suppose the Hawaiin an Alaska guys are doing pretty good. Sorry I wasn't thinking of y'all.

Last edited:
Our worst day at SWA post announcement is still going to be better than almost any other airline's best day, under the current conditions and contracts.
That's a matter of opinion. 6 months after returning from a 5 year furlough, I got a call for an interview at SWA. I declined without a second thought. Life is good.

Latest resources

Back