AirTran MEC Chair message.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pure speculation....

I don't think there will be an offer for the AAI pilots to go with the planes, and I suspect Gary will work the numbers to avoid the CBA clause. That's my guess. It's going to get interesting for sure.

Lear,
Don't kid yourself, I will welcome every single AT pilot here- but most of swapa wins if AT pilots go with the airplanes to delta. I don't see anyone having angst over that. We're all a bit miffed that 2/3 of your fleet are being sold while we had to integrate all of you. Many of whom would rather be at delta.
In regards to the partition, ATALPa also is party to the transition agreement, that outlays the schedule for moving AT planes to swa. Since those aircraft were scheduled to come over at about the same rate, I don't see where that would trigger the language. Nothing really changes. Just instead of painting 717's and putting them in the system, we get new 73's. Though I wish you could get a choice out of it.

I don't think the Delta pilots have to worry about us going over there with relative senority. They will simply vote ALPA off the property.

Closer to a 14-year upgrade for me, 18 for PCL, staying at SWA.

Lear,

Just curious what info you are using to determine an approximate 14 year upgrade. I'm significantly more senior on the ISL than you, and the SWAPA upgrade projector used during the SLI voting showed me crossing the 50% line at @17 years. Assumed no growth and all retirements being replaced. No flame, just wondering.

Thanks.

mokitty, are you measuring from your original date of hire, or from right now? Lear70 is using time from right now, and his number matches what the seniority projector that we have is showing for me. I'll upgrade in 16 years, or about 22 years from original ATN date of hire.

Wrong. Our contract is with AirTran Airways, a wholly owned subsidiary of Southwest. Southwest's aircraft and block hours on your side of the partition do not pertain to our contractual fragmentation language. Replacing 717s by putting new airplanes on the other side of the partition doesn't comply with our scope language.
yes it does, sorry.

Hell, remember SWAPA filing the grievance because of the sticker that was put on one of our 737s the day of corporate closing? None of us bitched about that. I don't see any reason why a SWAPA pilot should bitch about us filing a grievance to enforce our agreement, especially when it has zero negative effect on any SWAPA pilot.
I say have a nut, good luck!

mokitty, are you measuring from your original date of hire, or from right now? Lear70 is using time from right now, and his number matches what the seniority projector that we have is showing for me. I'll upgrade in 16 years, or about 22 years from original ATN date of hire.

Thanks. That answers my question. I was basing on my DOH at SWA.

That's not what our language says.

It doesn't say "if furloughs are triggered", it simply says if 30% of the block hours in a one-year look-back are sold or transferred, every "commercial best effort" will be made to transfer the pilots with the planes.

There is no caveat for job loss in there. The language is triggered; I highly doubt they'll argue that. What they'll likely say is they expended their "commercial best effort" and it didn't happen.
30% per year. So if it takes more than three years and results in 29% reduction per year, which is most likely how this deal goes down, now what? See, no problem.

I get it, try and get all you can, best of luck, I'd like to see you all go off to mother DAL just as much as you all want to go to mother DAL.

Latest resources

Back