• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC Chair message.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think we can all agree Southwest has more nationwide brand recognition/revenue potential than AirTran. Does anyone really think the AirTran brand will still be around past mid 2015? It wouldn't matter if the AirTran pilots would take voluntary 50% pay cuts. The AirTran side of the partition is going to turn into a cash drain as flying gets transferred heavily to SWA starting after summer season 2013.

Why would Gary Kelly ever voluntarily agree to increase the operating costs $80-100 million on the AirTran side of the partition? Where is the leverage to make that happen? NMB? Corporate culture?

For me, Lear, its quite simple. ATN ALPA rejected a deal with the pay and protections. Y'all then accepted a deal that provided more seniority for a greater number of your pilots, but with less money. Your pilots paid a price for the increase in seniority.

I didn't get anymore seniority, MILF. I'm still stapled. The idea that we traded pay for more seniority is ridiculous. We had a gun held to our heads and were faced with the decision of either taking the crappy offer or rejecting it and seeing if Gary was going to pull the trigger and blow our brains all over the wall. I voted to call Gary's bluff, but 87% of our pilots didn't. They didn't think that Gary was bluffing. But no matter whether a pilot felt that it was a bluff or not, it's clear that we weren't just haggling and trading one thing for another. We were making a decision under heavy duress. Big difference.

Suppose SL10 had everything we voted on, but with pay parity for your pilots. Would we have felt you were getting too much? Would that have affected the outcome of our vote?

What I get paid on this side of the partition is really none of your concern.

Sorry, but you guys can't claim lone ownership to the duress claim. Lets move on together, fight the fight when we need to , not against each other.

While you keep saying what you get paid is none of our business, that is not factual. What is factual is your pay is part of the SLI and IS our business, just as our pay is, sorry.

Last edited:
Just ask another airline pilot, not from SWA or AAI, what he or she thinks of how SWA airlines handle the SLI. Only CEO to actually pick sides in an integration in recent history - what was his excuse??? Oh that's right Culture. LMAO

Interesting. I am a Real Southwest Pilot and I didn't buy my type rating.

How can that be? :rolleyes:

I am sure plenty were hired with a type they earned at another airline so your point doesn't really say anything. In fact, by saying "I didn't by my type", you are actually reinforcing that "buying your type to get hired" is, in fact a bad thing. If you boast you didn't buy your type, what does that say about those that did?

I am sure plenty were hired with a type they earned at another airline so your point doesn't really say anything. In fact, by saying "I didn't by my type", you are actually reinforcing that "buying your type to get hired" is, in fact a bad thing. If you boast you didn't buy your type, what does that say about those that did?

It says nothing.

You made a very pathetic PFT slam that was incorrect. You are not required to buy a type to come to SWA and you know it. Yet you make the slam anyway as if that is going to somehow hurt our feelings.

I don't for the life of me understand why d0uches like you are so obsessed with the inner workings of SWA. You have your own issues. Standing shoulder to shoulder with your ALPA brothers and sisters taking back the profession being one of them. :laugh:

What is "bying" a type anyway?

PCL_128;2311145. We had a gun held to our heads and were faced with the decision of either taking the crappy offer or rejecting it and seeing if Gary was going to pull the trigger and blow our brains all over the wall. .[/QUOTE said:
And yet it's amazing that there are SWA pilots saying "hey we all voted for this deal so accept it" even worse is the patronizing "we are all one now".
You can't do what they did and expect to reap the benefits of what a fair integration would have done. They don't want a fair integration but they do expect the AirTran pilots to be happy about it and support their seniority grab.

Just ask another airline pilot, not from SWA or AAI, what he or she thinks of how SWA airlines handle the SLI. Only CEO to actually pick sides in an integration in recent history - what was his excuse??? Oh that's right Culture. LMAO

It's that wild and crazy warrior spirit they have!!

Latest resources

Back