• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC at SWAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys need to seperate out why Southwest corporate is buying AAI. Has nothing to do with the SLI, just muddying the waters. The facts..

What does the Airtran contract or pilot group bring to the table for the Southwest pilot vs. the AAI pilots gains?

Kind looks like this..

Airtran - 50-80% pay increase. Better scheduling. Better retirement when adding 401k and profit sharing. Better insurance. Better relationship with management, etc, etc.

Southwest - nothing

To distinguish what will the Airtran pilot contract add to the Southwest pilot contract?

Well at least you understood the discussion. To answer your question; Nobody cares. I suppose you could add the 401k match if you were bored. I couldn't care less.

'Cometman'. Nobody believes that you were able to actually follow the discussion. No, this wasn't some brilliant plan on your part to illicit a response. You're just not all that bright and didn't understand what was going on.

Since Festivus is upon us I'll leave you with these thoughts from Mr Costanza:

"Many Christmases ago, I went to buy a doll for my son. I reached for the last one they had, but so did another man. As I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be another way."

Happy Festivus :D

You guys need to seperate out why Southwest corporate is buying AAI. Has nothing to do with the SLI, just muddying the waters. The facts..

What does the Airtran contract or pilot group bring to the table for the Southwest pilot vs. the AAI pilots gains?

Kind looks like this..

Airtran - 50-80% pay increase. Better scheduling. Better retirement when adding 401k and profit sharing. Better insurance. Better relationship with management, etc, etc.

Southwest - nothing

What cave did you crawl out of?....The swa pilots don't give us those things - Mgmt of swa does. Therefore the real answer is; we both give each other nothing. In other words our 50 plus aircraft 737 pure growth and international cities with ATL and other hubs - we pilots of aai don't give to you either.

That is how the arbitrators will see it.

Because we don't need to be informed of what we already have at SWA like you guys do. It really is that much better.

Gup

The swa pilots don't give us those things - Mgmt of swa does.

SWA management didn't "give" us our contract either. We earned it through hard work and negotiations. We earned our contract. What have YOU done to earn OUR contract?

That is how the arbitrators will see it.

No way it's gonna happen like that, keep dreaming.

The arbiter will look at the above list and the long term career differences at AAI vs. SW. And those differences (as much as you won't admit it) are massive.

The exact reason your guys were high fiving each other in LGA the morning of the announcement.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back