• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC at SWAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let me guess, that would be the senior dudes that said "no" to SWA right?

Wait, that didn't happen.

Would that be the senior dudes that told SWA to pull their bid? No that didn't happen either.

Would that be the senior dudes that approved the two $150 million dollar claims for RAH? Nope

Senior dudes that instructed RAH to pull one of their $150 million dollar claims off the table? No

Just curious, how did any Frontier pilot affect the short SLI discussion with SWAPA?
swa/fo-Being non mil-he's VERY lucky to be at swa..... blew a cherry swa ramper along the line.

Last edited:
What cave did you crawl out of?....The swa pilots don't give us those things - Mgmt of swa does. Therefore the real answer is; we both give each other nothing. In other words our 50 plus aircraft 737 pure growth and international cities with ATL and other hubs - we pilots of aai don't give to you either.

That is how the arbitrators will see it.

Don't forget about our 70+ firm orders.

Oh, by the way VOLARIS airlines owns FI. This is just a distraction for us pilots in the US, as they take over North, Central and South America.

KP,

Not sure if you are kidding or not (re: differences in final retirement account numbers with current company matches).

(AAI 401k match + B-plan = 11.5%)*$150k vs. (SWA 401k match + PS [nominally 5%]=14.3%)*$250k

SWA's dollar match is more than DOUBLE AAI's match (using the salaries above).

You don't normally make such mistakes, so I'll assume you are playing with ASADFW.

-k

PS much better avatar!

Thank you for the clarification! I did not factor in the profit sharing element.

Sep 27 AT guys were high fivin in ATL, as they should be, while SWA guys wanted to puke.

If it falls apart...it will be just the opposite.

Tells you everything you need to know about career expectations.

It is what it is.

Therefore the real answer is; we both give each other nothing

your lawyers telling you to say that.... ?

We built a profitable airline that your management wanted.
and since we were $1,000,000,000 in debt, our management could go no farther.... so they were willing to sell, in fact willing to sell multiple times over the last 8-10 years.

Forklift Joe was bugging Herb, years ago.

swa/fo-Being non mil-he's VERY lucky to be at swa..... blew a cherry swa ramper along the line.

I heard forklift joe gave you an ANGRY PIRATE... Your the lucky one, I passed the interview - you get a FREE pass.

Last edited:
Airtran is giving Southwest NOTHING!. It seems it is easy to forget that SWA is Paying 1.4 billion in cash and stock, and assuming a little over a billion in debt. Keep telling yourselves how awesome AAI is. I think you guys are actually starting to believe it!

When it comes down to it, AAI is bringing nothing to the table that Southwest isn't paying for. Yes, you have built a profitable airline that has provided a good product. Again, Southwest is buying your product and your management is selling. Your pilot group is extraneous to the deal.

That being said, how many of your pilot group, if given a class date at the same time as a class date at Southwest would have chosen AAI over Southwest? Less than 1%, let's be honest. So how is it that your AAI date of hire should have more relevance than the same date at Southwest? It shouldn't, and WILL NOT at the arbitration. Let's face it, a good proportion of AAI guys DID NOT have the minimums to get hired at SOUTHWEST when they got hired at AAI. So WHY should a hire date at AAI have the same/more relevance as a hire date at Southwest? IT SHOULDN'T and WILL NOT!!! I guess pointing out that all your FO's will achieve a pay scale that was only to be expected from your senior captains won't convince you, but even your CA's achieving an unprecedented gain in career expectations will fall on deaf ears. Ask yourself, would we have been better off with or without the Southwest buyout?...If you truly answer that honestly, the rest is immaterial. AAI pilots career expectancy, no matter how this plays out, goes through the roof. So, here is my blatant exhortation to your M&A committee....this deal can still can go south...please don't let it...you will have only yourselves to blame/be accountable to...don't screw it up...because the ball is truly in your court.

Fraternally,

PapaWoody

Last edited:
Hey, Papa Limpy-

I'm sure in your mind, you're making coherent arguments that are advancing the cause of SWA pilots and lowering the expectations of AAI pilots, but in reality you're only reinforcing your own unrealistic expectations, deepening the divide and making it more likely to end in arbitration, where the opinions you are espousing will carry the same relevance as a take-out menu from a Chinese restaurant.

Latest resources

Back