• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC at SWAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
God this airline is going to be so messed up after this merger. I can see the misery spreading now.

God this airline is going to be so messed up after this merger. I can see the misery spreading now.

Only if the handful of bitter people, who only think of themselves and not the good of the entire entity, are put in charge.

Last edited:
I rode Virgin to SAN yesterday and saw two SW pilots with stickers on their bags that said "It's an aquisition, not a merger". I'm guessing this will be a rocky merger.

Hey, Papa Limpy-

I'm sure in your mind, you're making coherent arguments that are advancing the cause of SWA pilots and lowering the expectations of AAI pilots, but in reality you're only reinforcing your own unrealistic expectations, deepening the divide and making it more likely to end in arbitration, where the opinions you are espousing will carry the same relevance as a take-out menu from a Chinese restaurant.

No, Ty, I'm only pointing out facts that your merger committee should take into account (because the arbitrator will) so that we can get this done in a fair and equitable manner. I'm sorry if that steps on your AAI captain toes, but these are facts just the same; ones that speak to career expectations and the quality of each airline career. Again, nothing against AAI guys as pilots and people, but trying to put your head in the sand about the massive gains that this acquisition brings to your career isn't realistic. If that "lowers your expectations" then they need to be lowered, because expecting relative seniority in this deal is unreasonable, unrealistic, unfair, and every other un-... that you can come up with. I do hope this can be done between the groups, but please don't think that we are afraid of arbitration. Our laundry list of arguments and facts will swamp your singular "but NWA/DAL and USA/AWA did it this way" argument.

Fraternally,
PapaWoody

PS Merry Christmas everyone!

Hey...look....I'm trying to put myself your shoes in an effort to understand the bitterness that I'm reading from a lot of people. I'm also trying to honor the request from our union by not arguing SLI on public forums. While I won't argue specifics, I do find it curious that some argue AAI brings nothing to the PILOTS at SWA. Taking that viewpoint doesn't seem to fit with the SWA culture, especially when your leadership says they want us AAI folks to feel like we are SWA pilots and not former AAI pilots.

So, if the entire company is to be better off after the acquisition, then you would think that it would be logical to think the SWA pilots will be better off as well. Or if not, feel free to continue to spread the hate and not the LUV.

So Papa Woody is talking arbitration now, huh?

Sounds like PW tried out his arguments on the merger committee and it went over like a fart in the cockpit.

Last edited:
I rode Virgin to SAN yesterday and saw two SW pilots with stickers on their bags that said "It's an aquisition, not a merger". I'm guessing this will be a rocky merger.

And then seen on two aai pilot bags, "It's a mirgir, not an akwisition"

Hey Papa Smurf, do your dog a favor and give it to the neighbors the day before the sli comes out. Don't want to see another michael vick here. Thanks.

The LUV fest from the SWAPA visit to ATL has passed as I knew it would. How soon one forgets. Many folks are back to whining (both sides). This is exactly like the aa/TWA acquisition (been there, done that), and everyone should be aware of how awful the work environment is at aa, especially when the crew is mixed aa/TWA. I can only hope that the Airtran folks on this board are NOT representative of the feelings prevelant down south. If so, I hope this deal falls through...and soon. If the Airtran folks on this board represent the "2%'ers", then maybe our good deal in this dorked up industry will continue...even after we acquire Airtran. In that case, I truly welcome each and every Airtran crewmember.

Latest resources

Back