• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC at SWAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I rode Virgin to SAN yesterday and saw two SW pilots with stickers on their bags that said "It's an aquisition, not a merger". I'm guessing this will be a rocky merger.

They should have read "in denial" and " We merged with AirTran and all I got was this lousy bag sticker... and 138 planes, 30 gates at the busiest airport, International Ops ...."

I can only hope that the Airtran folks on this board are NOT representative of the feelings prevelant down south. If so, I hope this deal falls through...and soon. If the Airtran folks on this board represent the "2%'ers", then maybe our good deal in this dorked up industry will continue...even after we acquire Airtran. In that case, I truly welcome each and every Airtran crewmember.

Just as the AAI folks hope the majority of the SWA comments on this board represent the 2%'ers on the Southwest side.

I have to laugh out loud every time I read a post by a SWA pilot saying this deal will fall apart because of the pilot SLI problems (if and when they exist). Ask yourself why requiring the SLI be completed for the pilots prior to close of the deal was not included as a part of this deal? This merger/acquisition will be complete long before the SLI is complete. The pilot SLI WAS left out so that the pilot groups COULD NOT screw this up. Please get over yourselves. SWA and AAI management know what a incredible opportunity this is and refused to let the pilots screw it up. Think about it!

I have to laugh out loud every time I read a post by a SWA pilot saying this deal will fall apart because of the pilot SLI problems (if and when they exist). Ask yourself why requiring the SLI be completed for the pilots prior to close of the deal was not included as a part of this deal? This merger/acquisition will be complete long before the SLI is complete. The pilot SLI WAS left out so that the pilot groups COULD NOT screw this up. Please get over yourselves. SWA and AAI management know what a incredible opportunity this is and refused to let the pilots screw it up. Think about it!

Correct: That is why the lists will be merged from 1993 and the ratio of 4:1 will be used. Simple and fair. If Ty and dicko are not happy then so be it.

Comet, that looks like a good starting point for the trannies, however you also have to factor in all their gains. So a 6 or 8:1 will probably be more like it. I would love to see the reaction of these aai guys on here if this deal did fall thru. They'd take a staple in a heartbeat.

PW, I think your posts are more than reasonable; I don't know why you waste your time. I predict this will not go to arbitration and will be settled fairly quickly as both sides want to get this done and I expect the aai nc to be far more realistic than the peeps on here. FOs stapled with a 2 year fence. Oh and pay protected.

Comet, that looks like a good starting point for the trannies, however you also have to factor in all their gains. So a 6 or 8:1 will probably be more like it. I would love to see the reaction of these aai guys on here if this deal did fall thru. They'd take a staple in a heartbeat.

I used 4:1 just because SWA is about 4 times bigger. I did not figure any of the gains. Some of the AAi guys say they are bringing this and that. Some SWA guys say they bring this and that. So, if you just start at the 4:1 which is a just and fair start you can go from there. If you want 5:1 and they feel good then go with that. If you want to keep increasing the ratio and everybody is happy, great.

CM, if you want to get into the gains, swa guys are talking gains in your pocket. aai guys have nothing there. Company gains, all the pilots gain through growth, profit sharing, raises, etc. swa will be a totally different animal here by the end of the decade, and all the pilots are going to benefit from that. The aai guys have to be realistic, get this done and enjoy the ride.

Latest resources

Back