• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran in CASS charging 25.00

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whine.. I'm pretty sure its just like AAI's non-dress attire.. Basically, if your business cassual youl be safe.. And no you don't need to be cass approved to ride in the back in an open seat..

'bout 2 years ago I got dinged for $35. Did they lower it or did I get my money stolen twice at the same time?

Pretty sure that it is $25 plus the taxes/fees. Last time I rode out of ATL it was a total of $28. That has been about a year though.

Mike

It's very much hit or miss with the gate agents. I've ridden several times and been "charged" the fee and when I go to pay it the gate agent hands me a ticket that says "paid" and no money ever exchanges hands. Just remember, it's a southern company, manners go a long way. Good luck.
Also, don't expect this policy to change until after the contract is settled (at the earliest). They will not be wasting negotiating capital on this until other carriers start charging thier pilots, which (hopefully) will never happen.

-Blucher

PS-This is not a dig at Airtran pilots, many of you are my friends and I too would be embarrassed about this policy, as I know y'all are.

The 25 bucks (27-ish with taxes), though technically standard practice for AirTran CS agents, is unofficially gate agent discretion. It's a huge pain in their butt to stop down, change screens, and deal with that slow credit card auth. system AirTran uses. It was much easier to just list and print out a boarding receipt.

I mentioned in another thread something about showing the agent a little love...be it in the form of a Coke, candy, food, and the such. This goes a long way toward getting that 25 bucks waived...at least it did with me when I was at FL. You'll find some militant ones (especially in ATL)...and some that are too new to know any better...but most gate agents at the Tran can be bribed.

So, next time, steal something from the galley of your last leg...throw it in your bag...and negotiate.

Should you have to do this? No. But hey...whatever works...

Maybe when our management can fit the pilots into their busy schedule of cooking the books, and buying other airlines. After all we're just pilots. Not the beancounters. There isn't one pilot at Airtran I know who doesn't want this changed. Especially us commuters. This is rediculous and if it was up to us it would have been changed long ago. Can I be any clearer, we do not support this ripoff!

Then maybe we should charge the Air Tran Pilots $25 - $30 and see how fast THEY can get it changed.

This is CRAZY !!!

Then maybe we should charge the Air Tran Pilots $25 - $30 and see how fast THEY can get it changed.

This is CRAZY !!!

Go ahead, numbnutts . . . . after all jumpseats are filled, offer me a walk-up pass for $25. Then put me up in business and get me home. There were plenty of times in the last 5 years I got left behind as a Delta plane taxied off with empty seats and a $25. pass beats a $48. room at the Wellesley every time.

My desire to change the policy has declined greatly over the past few years after reading all the ungrateful S.O.B.'s whining and crying about it. I'm not willing to give up anything in our contract negptiations in exchange for a benefit for people who so clearly won't appreciate it.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back