• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran in CASS charging 25.00

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jumpseats are free but you have to pay a service charge to ride in the back, Big Friggin Deal! They might get it changed but in the meantime ride someone else if you can't pony up the smack.

Years back I got kicked off many United, American, Delta and USAir jumpseats because one of their line pilots showed up at the last minute and booted me from the airplane. I even had some pilots elect to take their own JS just to save their own service charge boot me from the plane a few minutes before departure and not even say they were sorry. I would have loved to have paid a $25 service charge to get on the flight.

ATA has always had the most liberal JS policy around, we believe in leading by example. I'm most thankful for SWA because since they are the 800 lb gorilla these days, they are most responsible for the JS policies changing in the industry.

In short. Thanks AirTran for the lift, you will not be charged to ride in the back on my plane and maybe someday you will change your policy.

Go ahead, numbnutts . . . . after all jumpseats are filled, offer me a walk-up pass for $25. Then put me up in business and get me home. There were plenty of times in the last 5 years I got left behind as a Delta plane taxied off with empty seats and a $25. pass beats a $48. room at the Wellesley every time.

My desire to change the policy has declined greatly over the past few years after reading all the ungrateful S.O.B.'s whining and crying about it. I'm not willing to give up anything in our contract negptiations in exchange for a benefit for people who so clearly won't appreciate it.

management 101 must be working afterall...

jumpseat policies should be moving forward & not backwards. and i really don't think you'd have to give up a dime in negotiations to get the policy changed.

i'm grateful for any ride home. but it just seems silly to charge a guy 1 hr of pay or more for one of the few remaining perks in the business. i guess that's another strike against commuting. it is a choice, afterall.

hopefully things can change going forward. we have a lot of things to improve at Continental as well.

best of luck to AirTran fellas getting the $25 fee removed. we will all be grateful if/when it changes.

Management greed! It can not be stated more simply than that.

We're not giving anything up for the removal of this silliness because it never should have been there in the first place.

Many thanks to all the other pilot groups who have not retaliated against us for this as we deal with it in contract negotiations. It will be removed and we will go unlimited jumpseats...as it should be and as it WILL be.

Thank God for some level headed guys at AirTran. I guess one post above was just a member of the 10% Club that is alive and well at all companies.

Thank God for some level headed guys at AirTran. I guess one post above was just a member of the 10% Club that is alive and well at all companies.

Actually, it's the ten percent of whining, crying imbeciles that don't understand the difference between a jumpseat (free) and a pass, if the jumpseat is taken.

If you don't understand the difference, when the gate ape tells you that someone already beat you to the jumpseat, just walk away . . . . . you don't need to buy a pass . . . . just walk away.

Our pilots don't like the policy (duh) but complaining to us isn't going to get you anything except sent back up the jetway to get a refund and wait for the next flight.

Then maybe we should charge the Air Tran Pilots $25 - $30 and see how fast THEY can get it changed.

This is CRAZY !!!

Read Tubelcane's post, as he expresses the vast majority of our feelings on this.

AirTran took unlimited Delta pilots even when Delta's policy was to take only 1 offline jumpseater. I don't think AirTran declaring jumpseat war would have done anything positive at all. Your suggestion follows much the same thought process.

Just out of curiousity, where do you stand on a NWA pilot denying JetBlue pilots jumpseats because Jet Blue is "bringing down the industry"?

Latest resources

Back