• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran in CASS charging 25.00

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Didn't think you'd fess up. Probably a smart move. I'll let the AirTran guys know to be on the lookout for you and get your name if it ever happens.

This guy doesn't speak for Pinnacle pilots at all. This is the first I've heard of a Pinnacle Captain denying Airtran jumpseaters. Airtran pilots, please don't think that this guy is representative of the Pinnacle pilot group. I commute on Airtran myself, and I appreciate the ride, whether I have to pay the $25 or not. With that being said...

If you're a PCL guy, I'll personally call SL directly and I'll enjoy ensuring you get some time off to reflect violating the FOM.

Jumpseat use is very clear in the PCL FOM; start a war at your own risk... better have a d*mn good reason related to safety if you deny it to a properly dressed and certificated airman on the approved carrier list.

Guys like you give all the other pilots a bad name.

No one is going to be disciplined for denying a jumpseater, no matter what the idiotic reasoning might be. SL may call the Captain and complain, but no discipline can result. This is basic Captain's authority stuff.

I just pay back the 25 bucks to the OAL rider. The problem is the agents ... If we know.. we can most always get it waived... Please don't call and list..this generates a fee that is tough to clear..and most agents in the last boarding moments can't deal with it.... Stop by the flight deck..I just dig out 25 Bucks after I have a little educational chat with the agent...on another note... I agree with Flywolf's comments...

Latest resources

Back